Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 mo. follow up post revision surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all-

Had my one month check up today. All equipment from my revision ALIF/PLIF cages,rods,screws,plate,BMP,looks great on XRAY- my pains and all are normal for what i had. Severe leg spasms have stopped since on relaxer, thank goodness!

Only little thing is this swelling at the top of the back incision...doc thinks either a "blood pool" which will reabsorp or a reaction to BMP. Most likely the blood though. Keep an eye on that.

He did tell me that he used LOTS of BMP since my other fusion failed with my own iliac crest bone. I asked him many questions ..(grateful to 'ernurse') He told me he has never had a problem(used BMP2) has read and heard about the unfortunate cases of this happening. Thing that makes me feel good about my doc is he is honest and open with me and did a fellowship at UCLA which is where they did BMP studies! SO here is hoping it works for me!

I dont know about getting back to work yet- I work in mammography where i stand, stoop,twist etc all day. I havent worked since my first back surgery (12/08) since i never fused and had pain all the time. I think i may need to find another line of work!

Sorry this is lengthy- i just want life back to normal! have had 3 surgeries in 3 years- hysterectomy in 06, PLIF 12/07, and ALIF/PLIF 1/09........I'm bushed!
- OH- when i woke up from surgery- notice a broken upper tooth! Dentist says it is so bad that i need either a bridge or implant(with titanium and bone graft....not again!)
Do you think i have any recourse with the anasthesia group?

Hope everyone is feeling better or as good as they can!

• That's too bad you can't get back to your job. What kind of work would you do that's better? As for your tooth you can call patient relations at the hospital to see if they can compensate you. A picture of your teeth before or dental records would help. Accidents happen like that but that must be terrible to lose a tooth. Good luck on your recovery! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN