My new insurance company denied the Lyrica I have been taking. I only restarted the Lyrica a week and a half ago. My PM doctor gave me samples to try and see if they help with the nerve pain. It helps, I started to run out so I called the Dr.'s office for a prescription. They called it in to my pharmacy. When I went to pick it up today I was told the insurance company declined the med. The insurance company say's I need to step up? I'm supposed to take Gabapentin. Not sure what that is. How can an insurance company decide what is right for a patient? Will I go theu withdrawals from the Lyrica?
I'm having nothing but issues with this new company. I now need referals/authorizations for everything. I suppose they will tell me I need to try all the conservative treatments again. I went thru those hoops the end of last year.
Sorry for the rant, I'm over it...