Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What I believe in

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
I am sure that many posters have viewed what I reply as being somewhat too direct, perhaps a bit cold, etc.
When I make a post, I not only think of the situation at hand, but I think to everything that could lead up to it and then what follows.
I do not always just give a pat on a back to someone or tell them that they are right and are being mistreated or not understood.

I always try to say whats from my heart and what I have learned after 30+ years in chronic pain.

Thinking back to when I first had spinal problems, I was so angry with everything, the medical field, you name it... Why couldnt they fix me? Well as time went on I understood.

So, please do not take offensive to something I may say in responding to your post. I only want to be honest. If I do upset you, please by all means let me know. If you want to do it in a reply post, that fine, if you want to contact me , via PM or email, thats fine too.

Living life in chronic pain is far from any picnic. Its a tough road, some of us can follow it without problems, some of us need help and then there are some that do not want to go down that road at all.

Spine-Health is setup to help any member. We all as the member community try to do this.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Your posts are informative and offer information based on the experience that you have, and is much appreciated. The problem with an online forum is we lose body language and tone inflections, sometimes causing difficulty delivering a message effectively, since the written word is one dimensional. Thanks again for well thought out posts.
  • Very well said and understood. You are the patriarch of these forums and, like any good father, you tell us the way it is, whether harsh, kind, funny or tough love. There are far too many people in this world that don't express what they believe in because they're afraid that someone might take offense. I'm very glad you're not one of those people and I truly respect that.

I think I can speak for most (if not all) of us when I say this site wouldn't be the same without you and I sincerely hope we never have to experience that.

I believe, when you do make a tough post to help someone, your honesty and experience may make that someone uncomfortable or even angry, but after they log off, they'll stop and think about your words. And when that happens, they'll understand and appreciate what you've said and your frankness. Then you will have made a difference in their life.

You're an inspiration to many of us and personally, I will always take your words of advice, comfort or honesty - be it good or bad - to heart, with no anger, regret or animosity, but with the way you give it. From your heart.

Your friend,

• Ron,
    I just want to add that you have help me tremendously and I truly appreciate your direct approach, I wouldn't want it any other way. I personally think you are amazing!!!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    then it makes all the time I spend here on Spine-Health so worthwhile.

I am so grateful that many members have appreciated what I can offer. Honestly, all I am doing is expressing what I have experienced and providing some insight into different and difficult times.

What really makes me do, whatever I do, is you, the friends, the new members, the old members, it doesn't matter, I enjoy reaching out to who ever will listen

To be given the role I have on Spine-Health is a heart warming achievement, to make a difference in some members life, for the better is what I hope for.

Cathie and Lori, I dont know how to blush, but I feel the warmth in your posts. That you for allowing me to become part of your lifes

Thank you to all Spine-Health members
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com