Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

when does it end??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, I'm back after being gone for about a year now. I had c/4 and 5 fused in about '06, then the above and below went and I then had c4/5/6 and 7 fused. This seemed nothing compared to the awful L5/s1 fusion in '08. I had such bad back cramping I couldn't turn over, ran a high fever, high blood sugar, you name it. But the pain still persists in my hip area and where the plate is from the L5 fusion-laminectomy. I am tired of taking meds and since I need more and more, I want to get a pain pump put in my lower back. Has anyone ever had one and do they work? Also, with re-checking my latest MRI, I now have a pinched nerve, bulging disc at c7/T1 that will need surgery but only "when I can't take it any more" the surgeon said. Does this happen to anyone? One disc after another needs fusion. Can anyone offer advise as to if it ever ends? I think all my problems started with my pituitary causing degenerated disc disease and osteoarthritis. I get scared seeing doctors and having tests. Thanks for listening, Cher

• You think your pituitary gland started all of this? Wow that's interesting,and something for me to read up on.Do you also have thyroid disease?

I'm sorry for all of your pain and ongoing troubles with your spine.I have read about what I refer to as the 'domino effect'-because one surgery makes the discs above/below take on added strain from the one that was operated on.I'm sure you've read about this as well.

I also have degenerated disc disease and osteoarthritis,and it seems like I don't even tell my Drs much anymore because I just don't want to deal with it---so I just take my meds and take each day,making the best of it.These past couple days have been rough.

Take care of yourself-I hope that things get easier for you-You deserve it!