Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

any support please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
Any advise encouragement, anything. I know everyone is different.My last surgery there was so much scar tissue from my first surgery and the infection that sat in there for so long. It took 7 months of IV vancomyocin to cure it. It was a long road....I have been at this since I have been 35 that was 5 years ago. I feel like I skipped those years. I would like to get them back. What I don't get it this squeezing pain from my hips/groin all the way down my legs. It is like labor pains but worse. I can't sleep and I have no relief. I am not on any pain meds, just lyrica. Maybe I should be. Last night I would have given my first born for something. Actually, last night I would have given her period (ha ha). Teens ha, what are you going to do with them, right? Anyway back on track. Will this ever dissipate. I can't possible think of a life that will include pain like this. Anyone with hope that this goes away with time. At am at 7-8 weeks. I am getting so scared. Please any encouragement.Will there be any hope for my life. I was better off before this fusion and sticking to the EPI every couple months. Now I have no life at all. Hugs to all and pain free days.

L4-L5 lami staph infect turned to osteo 7 months vanco IV. RT hip labral tear surgery. Tailbone crushed-removed. 12-17-09 L4L5 L5-S1. Discogram. Mylogram. Fusion To many to count ESI 6 PT

• Hi Lisa,

i just posted to one of your postings in another forum... there is a link on the left called "view recent posts", alot of people on the site keep track over there, so you don't really need to post the same question several times.... I know some of the "forums" are busier... like back and neck surgery, and lower back... but its a pretty good crowd on the site and someone will find your post whereever it is and get back to you... It'll also make it easier if you're getting alot of responses as everyone is all following the same conversation, rather than 3 different ones... if it that makes sense????

Take care :D
    L4-L5 fusion 1998; ACDF C4-6 2008; DDD
  • My first injury and surgery was in 1993.

I try to stay positive but it is not always easy.

I raised 2 girls 10 years apart. That alone almost killed me.

Stay after your condition. I hope you get relief soon.

• Thanks for the support and prayers. Sorry about rough road zach. I too send out all the support I can. We all could use positive thoughts. Harry as for raising two girls....I have one teen and that drama alone is enough for a life time so good luck. I sometimes think that's why my back weaken so...when I fell it broke so easily. ha Take care, Lisa