Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Annular disk caused scoliosis

wally2wwally2 Posts: 75
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone,

Anyone out there ever had temporary spine scoliosis from the spines reaction to annular disk tear fluid having leak onto the nerves? I had this back in March 2008 when it was curved real bad. since then the spine has mostly moved back into position but is still slightly curved with a lot of pressure on the prior herniated L4-L5 disk area from my body being not in alignment.

I will be starting aggressive therapy this week using the DRX 9000 machine to decompress the problem disk itself and manual therapy to attempt to realign my spine and pelvis.

Has anyone else had this situation?, if so, what was you outcome. I'll be in therapy a total of 22 sessions.

• I have the same problem, MRI shows a rather large herniation in the L4-L5 region and I also have "temporary Scoliosis" leaning me to the left.
    I herniated the disk in September 08 and after initial meds and therapy (that expired in early Feb of 09) I physically feel much better with controllable pain without meds, but I still have the curvature in my spine. My spinal curve was misdiagnosed by my regular Dr as simply being muscle spasm induced, I seen a Neurosurgeon late last month after my Therapy ran out and he thinks that given enough time the herniation will dissolve itself and my spine will return to its normal position, he tells me it could take another 6 months or it could take 2 years and there is no exact answer to the actual healing time. I must say that I am sceptical, although I do indeed feel better I have seen zero improvement in my "temp Scoliosis".
    I am very frustrated, I want to get back to my life and the whole guesswork by the Dr's I have seen really makes me wonder if waiting to heal is really the right course of action.

Has anybody else came threw this with a full nonsurgical recovery?