Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Where are all of my insomniac buddies???

4jkasper44jkasper Posts: 231
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Sleep Problems
I know you can't all be sleeping..... I haven't been sleeping well at all lately also not been able to get on computer much to say HI. For some reason my neck and arms are giving me fits lately.I'll try to get better at stopping in to say hello more.

• hi!!! :H i am right here, it's 1am!!! :D all cozy in bed with my computor on and an old movie.. =D> what are you doing tonight?? :? i am not even trying to sleep. i took a great nap today in the rain and so sleep will most likely not visit me!! i hope you are feeling better!! =D> so sorry you are having a flare-up! the forum misses you!! :D Jenny :)
  • I am hoping this warm weather break will start to make pain better. Ireally need a break, it is getting me really down this time and I can't seem to pull myself back out of this dark "hole" that I feel Iam in. All I want to do is lay in bed and not go anywhere....
    Hope you all are doing better than Iam right now.
  • Iam so tired that Iam in the crying mode. :''( I hate this, I have taken all that I'm allowed to take for meds and I am still hurting to the point of no sleep. Ifeel like Iam going crazy.... ~X(
    Hope you other spiney's are getting some zzzz's. @)
    jeanette :''(
  • hi!! :H you are sounding so down!! :''( i don't want to be out of line but have you tried medical marijuana? :? it is legal in many states and may be just you need for sleep, anxiety and even pain... it sounds like you need some new meds, perhaps you have built up a tolerance to what you are now on!! is it time to talk to your doctor? :-C oh, i feel so bad tht you are in such distress!!almost 2am here and i am wide awake!! (|: i think you feel worse than i do though!! take care.. how about a hot bathe or shower? :? maybe a little music or an old movie? all the best! :D Jenny :)
  • with that kind of medication. I would be willing to try it, Iam willing to try anything at this point. But, he feels that it would not be an aption because of our children. I have spoke with my Doctor the next step would be morphine and we have no prescrption insurance, it is costly. With him getting his hours cut and my not working we just can't afford anymore. I pray my disability goes through. Iam in the appeal process right now, so we just wait.
    I feel horrible, my daughter caught me laying in bed crying last night, I hate for my kids to see me like that....
    But, she is 15 so I guess she is old enough to understand, she just hugged me and told me she loved me. I just wish things could be different, I used to be so active and now it is a chore just to clean or even do dishes.
    I keep saying things will get better, Iam even starting to loose that faith.
    Thank you so much Jenny for always being there to listen to my whining, I really appreciate it.
  • hi!! :H i can understand your husband's reluctance on trying the medical marijuana with children around but some things can be done in private.. :D with the cost of morphine seeming to be out of reach you may need to go to extremes. i just hate to see you suffer when there is help for you out there!! perhaps if your husband looked at it like that, a very private matter the children don't need to know about!!! [( also, i was able to get my morphine paid for by having a special paper sent into the insurance company from the doctor saying that was all i could take. #:S no other medication would work!! i got it paid for!! anyway, i hope you are sleeping tonight! (|: i was asleep for about 2 hours and then up like a lightening bolt!! take care and get some rest! I) Jenny :)
  • Jenny, I think Iam taking on your no sleep habit, I would rather take a different one if you don't mind....(LOL)
    Are you sleeping any better?
    Where are all the others who are up at night?
    Jenny, I hope you get a good nap in today!!!
  • Hi. I'm awake.thought I would say hi .patsy
  • :H Hi Jeanette-I was reading up on posts and saw you were awke...it kinda made me sad,but hey-I'm awake too lol.I hope that you are'nt suffering in pain though.

The whole MM thing could be a topic for discussion.Personally,I don't care for it-BUT I think it's great that it works for pain and especailly to increase the appetites in cancer and other very sick patients.

I know people ( a couple) that M helps considerably with anxiety too...so.The fact that I don't like it (for me) has nothing to do with anything really(lol)....

....but I would have a hard time having it in my house with teenagers,IF I'm at the same time telling the kids that they cannot go out and do the same thing.Because as parents-WE know that kids are going to have a really hard time NOT doing something if they see their parents doing it...and just TRY keeping much a secret from a teenager.You can try,but it's pretty hard,and IF you get caught sneaking,not being honest,when we teach,NAY PREACH honesty to our kids..well........

It's a tough one.
  • I know for a fact that alot of meds that would make most people sleepy can make some people wirer and awake.
  • sleepless angels, >:D< here we are all trying to get some sleep and all we get it is frustration and no sleep!!!! I) almost 3am here and i am reading my old mags hoping that will act as a sleeping pill! (|: anyone else using any little tricks out there? i guess counting sheep is next! YIKES! now that is scary!! Jeanette, Robin, Ladybug, anyone else? :H where art thou? :D Jenny :)
  • I was glad to see of you drop in and say Hello. :H
    Jenny, I have great respect for you... I fyou have been not sleeping for years you deserve some kind of medal. I can't stand this. ~X( By noon today I was exhausted but kept myself from napping so I could hopefully sleep better tonight, no such luck, oh well there's always tomorrow night right.
    Hope everyone gets a good dream in.
    Jeanette 8}
  • Does the neurontin make you tired? I take 2700 mg a day divided 4 doses,wondering how other take it?
    p.s. Jeanette after reading what you have had done and now what is happening in your neck. all I can say is I'm sorry for your issues.
    This is just an opinion of course I'm not a Doc.
    You prolly already know all this. but disc problems are one thing but when you start messing with the spinal cord take it from a someone that watched it for 3 years. thinking about putting off spinal cord issues are something to take serious.

I loved my job too...I also had to quit.
    I was a Nurse, not Nurse like you think I took care of people who are just like we are I did it for years never thinking I would have to have someone take care of me like I took care of others...
    once again my words are out of love and caring thoughts I'm not a professional.
    Another p.s. when we cant work anymore it is nice to have friends on the puter, thanks Patsy
  • so another sleepless night!! (|: Jeanette, you are so kind with your words!! i hope you are sound asleep by now!! I) Ladybug,sorry to see you are up as well. the neurotin could make you drowsy, it did me! i am sorry i don't have any suggestions on how to take it more condusivly!! having to quit your job must of been so difficult for you. :''( i am sorry about that!! try and get a few winks in! good night!! I) Jenny :)
  • Yawn! (|: 1:01AM! i am still looking into the "photophasic" sleep! has anyone else looked into it? very interesting and so right on as far as how i sleep. finally a name to put to the way i sleep. =D> it feels good and i am still feeling at ease with my decision to sleep an hour or so at night and a nap or two in the afternoon. it works for me.. oh! i do get tired and want to sleep all night, don't get me wrong!! and sometimes i get to do that! I) ok. fess up! who else has a name for there sleeping habits? try and sleep well and all night! :D Yawn! (|: Jenny :)
  • SHI**Y }:)

I wonder how many tax dollars it took for them to come up with the word study and decide on "photophasic."We all know crappy is good enough description... ;)) Admit it,just yesterday you thought it was crappy...now photophasic makes you clap...lol
  • i think i have accepted this way of sleeping for a while now. =D> acceptance is so key to getting over a big hurdle like sleepless nights! it is nice to have a name for it though!! =D> i feel better knowing the pain in my back is named DDD. =D> same thing! like i said, i would rather sleep at night, but if it is not to be then ok, so be it!! my mom has told me that i slept this way as a baby and a little girl. who knows, tomorrow night i could be sleeping from 11 to 7! I) LOL! :D Jenny :)
  • It IS always good to put a name to our illnesses,diseases,or any ailment we have that sets us apart from the 'norm'.

I was just trying to make you laugh in the other post,but I do agree that it helps us emotionally a great deal sometimes just to KNOW ..so just a name is great!
  • Robin, hehehehe :))( you did make me laugh!!! :D Jenny :)
  • I'm glad it made you laugh Jenny cause I laughed too.! and I needed it.
    p.s. after 4am here better start the coffee
  • oh Ladybug, i think we can call you tired!! (|: what else is there to do at this time of night but laugh!!!! :))( hope you have a good day! :D make that a STRONG cup of coffee! Jenny :)
  • Lately I never know if I'm going to laugh or cry.My moods are all over the place.

I had mammo and sonogram..something not right in my right breast and I'm terrified.I have fibrocystic breasts,so in the past I never worried as much,but this time is different and my nerves are shot!

I go to hospital on March 11th.Still though,waiting sucks.
  • Robin, that is something to be worried about! :? i am sure you just can't help it! try and relax and wait for the bad news if there is any!! you are going to be just fine!!!! <:P remember your Spiney friends are always here whenever you feel worried or need a laugh!! :))( i am sure your concerns are not helping your sleep any! I) take a deep breathe and just slowly let it out!! all the best! :D Jenny :)
  • And wth is bone spurs anyway.It sounds like those things that grow on potatoes.. :/

I was going to do more research,but decided to stay away from research for the time being.. :^o
  • there must be one hundred ways to keep busy in the night.. :D ummmmm, movies, the radio, and of course the computor! girly things, reading! what are you doing? are you laying there quietly in bed counting sheep? (|: drinking your tea and reading the newspaper? :D what are ya'll doing? Jenny :)
  • usually I lay and watch an old favorite movie and fall asleep but for some reason it isn't working tonight. And, by the way Jenny counting goats is much better than sheep!!!!! LOL.
  • after 12 and i can't decide if i want to count goats or sheep! =)) will pound away on the computor for awhile and see where that gets me. mood swings,insomnia, psychophasic sleeping! (|: all adds up to sleepless nights!! i wish i had a magic sleeping pill for us all!! I) everyone try and rest well tonight! :D Jenny :)
  • Its 3:20 in my little town, I have my soap on and drinking sum coffee, gonna take a pain pill here cause I cant take my neurontin before 5AM. I have a load of sweat shirts in dryer I'm gonna go get out when I fill my coffee mug.that's about it here.Patsy
  • Patsy, oh! put those hot sweats on straight from the dryer and get some rest with your pain pill! (|: maybe you will even get a little sleep!! I) here is to a few hours of being pain free and getting some rest!! :D take care and try and relax! (|: Jenny :)
  • Jenny~Stay the hell away from the sheep OK...OK :))( I worry about you even counting the dang things @)

Jeanette has the right idea,goats are a much better idea..and they are much more interesting-that's a fact ;))

Patsy~I don't have enough laundry to even wash a load right now--but you know how that goes with laundry-tomorrows always another day,and nobody can remain caught up for long in that dept.

I moved last month (as you might know-lol) and not far from me (15/20 minutes) is a HANES outlet.They sell ALL HANES stuff...even PJ's..which I practically LIVE in.My favorite are the type that can pass for casual clothing.That way if someone were to pop in for a visit,I wouldn't look like I were just in my pj's.Anway,we're busy putting every spare penny into the house & decor and everything right now..but soon,very soon...I'm going to hit the outlet for some new PJ's.

MY favorite thing to wear,and hey~I deserve it♥