Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Temporary scoliosis

wally2wwally2 Posts: 75
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Scoliosis
Hello everyone,

Anyone out there ever had temporary spine scoliosis from the spines reaction to annular disk tear fluid having leak onto the nerves? I had this back in March 2008 when it was curved real bad. since then the spine has mostly moved back into position but is still slightly curved with a lot of pressure on the prior herniated L4-L5 disk area from my body being not in alignment.

I will be starting aggressive therapy this week using the DRX 9000 machine to decompress the problem disk itself and manual therapy to attempt to realign my spine and pelvis.

Has anyone else had this situation?, if so, what was you outcome. I'll be in therapy a total of 22 sessions

• I currently have scoliosis and have had it in the past. I've had back problems since I was 15 years old, I'm now 33. During those years I would have the occasional disc slip where I would have to be on rest for a week or two, but when I was 27 I injured my back from work and was down for a couple weeks, it got better, but I noticed that my hip started to hurt, mainly when I was on my feet a lot. By the end of the workday I was in agony. I also noticed (so did others) that my back was curving. I contributed it to my back injury, I never did go to the doctors. So after a while I quit that job because it was very physical and required lots of lifting. Well being that I wasn't doing that type of work anymore my back got better slowly. (it took about 7 months for it to get better, which it did...the curve went away. But then after the first of the year, I started having problems again, my back went out and the curve came back. 4 months later it went away. That was 2005. From then on my back was fine, there was no curve that I could see, my back looked straight. Two years later during the late summer of 2007 I put my back out again, it was pretty bad this time, I was down for about 2 months...I couldn't bend over or anything. Once again, it got better again. Then in spring/summer of 2008 I started to have a tight painful feeling in my right hip, the more I walked the worse it felt. It slowly got worse and worse until the point where the pain started cause my back to curve again. I was in pain during the entire summer of 2008 and then sometime last fall I woke up one morning and the hip pain was unbearable. I went to the doctors they gave me steroid injections and I also went to the chiropractor for spinal decompression. Neither really helped at all. As of now I am still in very bad pain, if I am on my feet for more than 5-10 minutes it really causes a major flareup of pain and I am pretty much in agony and down for the day. At night I usually sleep in small amounts, 2-3 hours here and there. It's truly hell.

Now I believe scoliosis can be temporary, it can come and go. I probably brought a lot of it on myself due to the fact that I tend to lose and gain weight a lot and don't get exercise like I should. It's only when I am overweight and don't exercise that my problems surface. They say scoliosis is a progressive disease, so I don't really know if I'll ever escape it. As of now, I hope to combat this pain I am going through so I can exercise and lose weight before it's too late. This is or will (if not already) affecting my heart and lungs because of the lack of exercise.
This discussion has been closed.