Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Technical name for this... Going in the disc space during Micro D

jenfabjjenfab Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I went to my post-op appt. recently and my dr told me he actually had to go INSIDE the disc to retrieve broken pieces ...? He said it was an extrmemly large rupture!! i could have told him that with the amount of pain i was in! It was a pain level 10++++ Comparable to childbirth pain if not worse! just wondering if this is normal...for them to go inside the disc itself? I actually just got copies of my surgery record and its interesting to read...guess he had a hard time getting to my nerve root cuz it was so inflamed in there

Is there an actual "technical name" to this procedure of going inside the disc? I also was told I am a good candidate for an ADR.

Thanks and best wishes to all....


  • I am trying to find info on the web, but not sure what i am looking for...is it serquestectomy (sp?)
  • Jen,

    I would suggest you ask somebody at the surgeon's office (his nurse, PA, or even the surgeon himself). Tell them you want to know the medical term, if necessary, ask them to write it down. This is not an unusual question, and I am sure they will tell you what you want to know.


  • I was just hoping someone here has also had this done...maybe i should be more specific in the subject line? Thank though...it's just very hard to get ahold of my NeuroS and his desk lady is kind of, for a lack of a better word, standoffish...
    Have a great night.
Sign In or Register to comment.