Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

terriffied / iodine allergy and injections

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am having steriod injections 2/20/09 agai the last being last April..
when they did it last time they were very concerned i let them know ahead of time I am very allergic to Iodine.... so they rescheuled and put me on a steriod prep.. and had me take benidryl
Now this time they keep saying no need for prep .. they injection has changed no Iodine .. the nurse called today i let her know AGAIN about the Iodine she first said on your body i said NO IN THE DYE she said well they know dont worry.... just tell us again when you get here..( senrio: so my hubby takes day off we go he misses work and they cant do or worse they do and i have a major reaction...can you telli am panicing??)
so my question.. Has the dye CHANGED IN THE PAST YEAR this is what nurse told me? so i dont need prep very AFRAID..

• I also react to iodine..they usually have a Dr. on standby when I have catscans & such.. I have had many (too many to count) injections & never had a problem.
  • I just had an ESI Wednesday and the dye used was not iodine. I can't for the life of me think of what it is right now but I know when I'm injected with iodine. My face gets a flushed feeling and I feel an all over body reaction. I don't know they would consider that an allergy but rather just a bad reaction.