Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Advice needed

will6101wwill6101 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had ACDF C5-C6 in Sept and I am still in pain, not as much as before surg but still having neck and Rt arm pain. So I have been taking Lortab 5-500 twice a day, Robaxin 5oo every 8 hrs, Mobic one a day and neurontin 3 a day. My neurosurg told me it could be a year before I saw a improvement and I can tell my bad days are not quite as bad as they have been. So I call my neurosurg last week for a refill on my Lortab and the nurse tells me this will be the last narcotic he will give me......WTF???

Now here is where I need some advice, should I see a PM doc or just go to my PCP. I tried to quit the Lortab last month but I was taking so much Advil and APAP in its place I was wrecking my guts.
advertisement

Comments

• I would think that trying your PCP would be a good choice. He could help you in the interim and refer you to PM if necessary. That way it won't come across as if you are doctor shopping.

"C"
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I agree with "C" Will. After I had my ACDF my neurosurgeon got me started on
    meds to manage my pain. But after I needed to continue to manage nerve pain so he got me started on a prescription and told me I needed to continue
    this with my PCP. At first I thought he was trying to dump me but really he just wanted me to be monitored on a regular basis to watch for any side effects or other problems. After all, my neurosurgeons job was done for now.

Your recovery does take time and my experience proves it can take a year and
    beyond. Sometimes you will think you are going backwards and then the good days will out number the not as good days. We may never be the same as we were years previous but it could be a heck of a lot worse.
    Take care,
    Ranger