Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hey everybody I am in my mid twenties and have been dealing with pain since I was about 16. I have never been officialy diagnosed, all of the doctors could never find anything wrong with me. I eventually gave up going to doctors. I am now trying to deal with the pain and discomfort that has gotten increasingly worse in the last couple of years. I demonstrate all of the classic signs of Fibromylagia from head to toe. I am looking for some relief through alternative remidies and herbal supplements.

• Hi Im struggling with the usual FM issues of chronic pain, fatigue and generally adrenally exhasted trying some bio-identical hormones (I'm 51 ) hopefully they will give me some much needed relief but aside from those issues I had been working out 5 days a week at a Curves which I never envisioned myself doing no offense to the program but used to work out at normal gym but needed something less intense so tried this well Curves members beware if you are challenged with any form of muscle problems what I now realize happened to me was this:: One of their machines does a simple back leg extension - lean arms on cushion and foot pushes back on hydraulicallly moving pedal that works your gluts which is great as long as you can keep doing it . I didnt have any problems until I stopped using it due to the closing of this particular location . Within a month I started having what I thought was sciatic like pain but it continued to get worse what it turned out to be was Piriformis Syndrome omg I had sciatic pain from my butt so deep I cant even describe ,continued to worsen had numbness tingling down my entire leg couldnt sleep , had to ice use heat lay flat it virtually made me come to a standstill .this happened cause I stopped exercing that muscle balled up now I cant get it to stop any thoughts