Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Better / Stronger / Faster?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Pain Medications
Through the process of my back injury I have been on several medications, what I am on now is Lyrica and Loratab 10. I am about to step up the Lyrica to the 150s but I was curious if there was something that was stronger than the Loratab that may last longer also? Thanks for your input.
advertisement

Comments

• yes there are a few long acting meds available that provide nice even pain control with kess ups and downs. and your not constantly chasing the pain every 4 hours. there is ms contin wich is morphine sulfate, hydromorphan, and methadone or diluadid's. hope this helps your PM dr. will know a lot more about these than i though. good luck and welcome to board.
  • ms contin? Please don't take this the wrong way but is that mispelled? I went through the list of meds commonly used on this thread and couldn't find it? Is it available in the states? I know a lot of people are not from here and there are different neds and procedures available. Thanks for your time and I hope you don't take offense to me asking that.
  • is Morphine. You MIGHT be thinking that REMZY was referring to Oxycotin which is extended release Oxycodone. So no they did not misspell it. I didn't like the MS Contin at all.
  • its good for me but need a lot. it took timke for body to adjust.
advertisement