Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 months today

brucie76bbrucie76 Posts: 114
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Today is my 6 month mark, and I honestly can't remember feeling this good for 5+ years. It has been months since i've had to take regular pain medication. I take maybe one darvocet a week, and that's only due to having classes all day on Wednesdays (you'd think with all the tuition I pay they'd be able to afford comfy chairs). I started back to school full time in January and am not having any problems at all (cept for the Wed classes). I have had about a month of PT. I managed to slip and fall flat on my back a few weeks ago. I was really sore for about 2 weeks but i'm now back to feeling no pain at all again. I still have the occasional nerve pain in my legs, but only when im walking or on my feet all day long. I only wish my dr had done 2 levels for my first surgery instead of 1. Maybe i'd have felt this good long ago.

I'm wishing the best of recoveries to everyone else on here!

• Go Girlfriend...

Please treasure your health and you know now to protect your spine.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

xx Husky xx
  • Congrats on your success. It is really great to see successful surgery stories as it gives me and others inspiration. Sorry to hear about the fall but glad it didn't do any long term damage or set you back. Kudos to you for going to school full time. I've been going part time since 2003. I feel like I will be going forever. Come heck or high water, I will graduate and get my degree.

I am so happy for you. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing to be healing so well.
  • Great news brucie! Keep up the great work (but no more falling over, OK) :)

All the best.... Bruce
    Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• That's great news you've done so well. That's very encouraging. I'm glad the pain from falling went away. LOL about the comfortable chairs that's so true! Good luck with your studies. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN