Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 month post-op fusion, pain, CT scan

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My fusion surgery was November 18th 2008 on L4-L5-S1. Pain has returned after 3 months in my tailbone area and left calf. Went to the doctor Feb 19th for check-up and he has ordered me to have a CT scan. Has anyone ever experienced this kind of pain after surgery?? Any idea.
Why do I hurt in my calf and tailbone???????

• I too had a fusion. Mine was L5/S1 on 7/1/08 through the belly. I was doing great with mine until about the 3 month marker and I was getting the pain in my lower back all the way across from hip to hip. I was told it was sacroilliac area so I had SI joint injection with no success. I also have numbness and pins and needles feeling in my legs that I did not have before surgery. I had a CT Scan and had some minor things show on there but they said it wasn't anything that should be causing the pain that I am still in.

I beleive that I pushed myself too hard and didn't listen to the restrictions that I was given by doc.

I hope your's is just a part of the healing process. It does take a fusion up to a year to fuse and your nerves are also healing from the manipulation of being moved around during surgery. This can also take a year to get better. I hope that your CT scan shows up nothing serious and if you are still concerned and in pain you should contact your surgeon asap.