Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, new member here

dinkyddinky Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:28 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi all, just want to say how great this site is for anyone with this diagnosis and in the dark as to what to expect. It helped me alot to read up in here before my surgery. I am post -op 3 and a half weeks. Thanks to this site and everyone posting in it!!! Not sure i have put all the info. in right yet, but we'll see how it goes.
advertisement

Comments

• My medical history is not showing up. What did i do wrong ?
  • Glad you are here. Put your medical history on the same page as your picture and press save on bottom of page. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanx. I'll try again.
  • Hi Dinky
    I had surgery feb4th; just 2weeks ago
    Its nice to meet you and I'm sure Spine Health will come in handy for you. Patsy
  • I am not seeing where to save my medical info. Its on my main page but doesnt show up anywhere else! I was told SAVE at bottom of page... not finding a save to click on. HELP!!
  • Not seeing a save at bottom of page !?
  • You need type the information into your signature then it will show up under each post you make.
  • If I remember correctly I had the same problem. When you are done and ready to save, try going to the bottom and scroll all the way to the right of the page. I think it was not showing for me either until I did that. Let me know if it works.

Good luck.

Laurie
  • Hi. Thanx for responding. I am not able to scroll to the right, only up and down. I only see "submit" not "SAVE". Submit is not saving it. I'm going to bed soon, if i don't figure this out tonight, i"ll be back online another time. Nice meeting you! dinky (|:
  • I see it now. That's great. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hey, I think you did it! good for you.
    Like I said before welcome to Spine Health.
    and we have a few things in common so hey maybe we can help each other out with some things. I feel like I'm a mess.
    I had my surgery done at the University of Wisconsin. about 2 hours from where I live.
    I would love to hear about how things went for you and I would like to tell ya where I'm at with my recovery. on your post or you could P.M. any time.

P.S.
    I'm looking for help with what I have gone, been and going through from anyone...... and I would love to be able to help someone if I could.

Blowing Blessings to those in Pain.
    Caring and Loving thoughts,
    Patsy
    p.s. Dinky- sometimes a smile can take the pain away if for just a minute, well I'm sending you some smiles and I hope they help if only just for a moment...Patsy aka Ladybug

• I,too, would love to talk to someone going thru all this! Thats what drew me to this website. We had c-discs removed only a few days apart. I live in Missouri,btw.
    I haven't figured out everything on here yet.... When we see that we are online the same time we can try to PM i guess. I'm not sure what to do, you may have to hunt ME up!
    Take care. Many Blessings to you too!
    Dinky :)))
  • I haven't been on puter for a few days, so I have probably missed ya. I hope your feeling and healing good after your surgery.
    My incession is great healed real good. Doc said not to put anything on it. I cant figure that one out.I do put a little vit E on it I just take a toothpick and poke a hole in the vit E and put it on it the scar.My neck is still weak and I cant pick it up when I'm laying flat.
    They said my right arm would be better after surgery, but its not I hope its just time and will get better, I also walked in hospital using a cane and left using a walker. I'm not sure why but I still have to use walker and it doesn't seem to be getting better.So much going on with me.
    I think alot more problems then just the disc that was stuck in my cord. I take alot of neurontin which is a med for nerve problems. It helps alot with pain and numbness and tingles I also have hydro and klonopin which was given to me one day for the muscle pain in top half of back and God Bless that doctor. I used to get migraines that started in back of neck and work its way up and around top of head and usually end up somewhere in my face, this would happened at least 5 days a week (the headaches) it was a terrible part of my life I had to learn to live with. well this med Klonopin from the first time taken a small dose I have lived migraine FREE. so Im so thankful for that, its like a new life. Now I just gotta get these legs and arm to work right and I will be doing good.
    I have two Grandkids 4 and 5 exactly one year apart to the day, and a new one on the way. They are my joy and my encouragement. I have a wonderful hubby & 2 grown children. 25 and 27 they are all great and help me so much. my hubby deserves a gold medal I would give him so much if i could cause he has gone without because of me. works so hard and then helps me and understands when thing aren't perfect around the house and so on you I'm sure you get what I mean.

I don't like this walker. to be honest I hate it and not many things I hate.I can get up to it and walk around for maybe 3 to 5 minutes and that's it. I know its my muscles. I cant stand but for short time too... so I gotta get myself better fast cause this walker is not for me I will take my Cane back with a pretty smile... I tried my quad cane but I'm or at least my legs didn't go for that yet neither.
    Well Dinky as you can tell I could go on and on so I better stop. and let your eyes rest, thanks for reading my words. I wish you a good recovery and hope to hear from you. Patsy
  • should i have a spinal fushion at 37, I have already had two surgery's and this one is pending. I guess im really scared that sooner or later im not going to be able to walk or this will not fix the problem
  • Why are you considered not a surgical candidate?
  • Welcome to S.H.
    please tell us more so we can help.
    u can always p.m. me patsy
  • Sorry took so long to answer... still learning the site. I answered one of yours in my inbox tonight, then i just found this one! Good to hear from you!!!
    I too have 2 kids,ages 26 & 28. Two Grandbabies a 5 yr. old boy, 6 yr. old girl. And i also have a WONDERFUL hubby who i charish. We do have alot in common. I am 50.
    My incision has been healing well too (surgery Jan. 29). I have a vit.E lip tube i rub on. Its like a lipstick (clear) and get it at Walmart in the vitamin section. It does great on my lips so when they said vit. E heals incision, i got a tube for my neck as well!
    I had migraines real bad and constant after surgery,about 2 weeks or so i think. Then i got them under control but to do so, i am taking way too much tylenol and Hydrocodone. (Bad for Liver). Now at 6 weeks post op i have cut down on meds and going more houre wiyhout headache. Its also not as strong now when i have them.
    I also take Flexeril or soma muscle relaxers too.
    Is your trouble walking from the neck discs-? Damaged your spinal cord??? Oh my, if i understand that right, i hope that is only temp. and you get your legs back soon. I also am having arm trouble, mine is the left. We'll go into that later. Gotta go 4 now. Take Care !!! Dinky
advertisement