Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain after 360 2 level fusion?

BadThunderBBadThunder Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Its been almost 2 years after my 360 2 level l4-l5, l5-S1, surgery and the harware removal a year ago. I still experience pain similiar to before my surgery. Have any of you guys experienced something like this or heard of this happening to others?

Thank you

• When did you have your surgery? Did you have any nerve impingement prior to surgery? Have you expressed this to your surgeon?

Welcome to Spine Health. I hope you find this site helpful and the people here are very supportive and understanding as well as full of advice and information.
  • 360 surgery MARCH 2007, .hardware removal surgery DEC 2007. No nerve impingment and have not been back to talk with surgeon but will in March 2009. I figure there isnt anything he can do anymore and IM NOT GOING THROUGH ANYMORE SURGERYS !!! That hurt way too bad. If i dont use my pain meds my back pain gets to be a burning, numbing, aching, very uncomfortable sensation where there is no position that offers relief. I wonder if its related to scar tissue or maybe its another disc failure.

Well, im already depressed talking about this, thanks for any success or other stories.

• I had a 360 five level fusion in April of 2007 so we are pretty much at the same point in recovery. My hardware is still in. Once the surgeon told me I was fused and released me from his care, I was still in pain and didn't feel cured. As I have said before in this site, what I did I don't recommend for anyone else to do. It worked for me. 13 months after the fusion surgery, I started pushing through the pain by walking, a little more each week. Today, I walk 4 miles, 5 or 6 times a week, and I walk as fast as I can. My pain is still there, but it is more of a pressure pain and something I can easily live with. Every once in a while nerve pain will pop up in my left buttock running down my leg, sciatic pain I assume. It doesn't stop me from walking and it actually goes away during my walk.

Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.
  • Had my 2 level 360 (L4-S1) January 2007. Pain returned. A different kind of pain, but it's there. Like you, I will not go through spine surgery again.

I take pain meds when I have to and try to avoid those activities that cause pain.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2