Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Perfect Gift

Dalap83DDalap83 Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Matters of the Heart
I had a PLIF on 12/9/2008 and joined this Forum shortly thereafter. I received a note from a then-anonymous Spiny Friend who liked my avatar: a picture of our two Japanese Chin Puppies. To make a long story short, pamlee78 is a phenomenal artist/sculptress who specializes in sculptures of pets. She invited me to visit her website, and after an exchange of a few e-mails I commissioned her to do a sculpture of my wife's beloved Japanese Chin, Gizmo, who has happily devoted his life as a certified therapy dog in the special education school where my wife is a teacher. You can see a picture of the sculpture (and others) at pamlee78's website:

She was a pleasure to deal with and the sculpture is perfect. My wife was/is absolutely thrilled and the Gizmo sculpture commands a lofty spot in our home. It made me feel good to do something nice for my wife as she has been very supportive of me during my spinal issues (by the way, I walked 6 miles in 100 minutes last weekend!), as well as for a Spiny Friend who does good and does well.

I hope pamlee78 doesn't mind that I posted this note. I did it spontaneously, not in response to a request for a reference.