Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hoping new Dr. will help me

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Tomorrow I have an appt. with a neurosurgeon about my
neck. I am scared he won't take my pain seriosly and
how disabled I really am from my neck. It's going
on 7 months of chronic neck, face, arm, hand and finger
pain. I've tried neck traction, still doing PT and
feldenkrais classes, I can't do steroids anymore. I'm
on Lyrica, Ibuprofen, ultracet, Amrix and sometimes
percocet. I'm hoping to be a candidate for surgery now.
I want my life back. I'm desperate and would do anything
at this point. I don't mean to complain. I'm just
so happy this support group exists. People who haven't
experienced spinal pain don't understand.

• I know what you mean. I have been having problems with my neck and back for a lot of years now. My surgery is finally scheduled for March 12th. Not really looking foward to it, but I do want to get my life back!

If only we could just go to sleep and wake up and everything would be great! lol

• That's great you are getting surgery. My thoughts will
    be with you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

C3-C7 bulging discs and mild stenosis.
    disc replacement L4-L5, L5-S1 2005, microdiscectomy 1998
  • Just be very honest and specific with your doctor tomorrow about your pain. He can figure out with MRI's and X Rays to find the real problem if you will just give him a place to start.
  • 3troys, you sound like me before my NS visit. I was so sure he would discount my symptoms, and it turned out quite the opposite. Good luck to you.
  • Hi I was just wondering how your appointment went. Did the doc seem to want to help? Please let us know.
  • Thanks for asking about my appt. It went really well. I'm getting an MRI this Tues. and it sounds like I might be a candidate for surgery. I might have to try a steroid shot first but I'll know more once I see the Dr. again. I hope I get surgery asap. I want to get on with my life.

It sounds like you had a lot of surgeries in the past. I'm
    sorry you are still having more spinal issues. I hope your new Dr. helps you. Steroid shots have never helped me either. They are a waist of time. Will you let me know how your appt. goes too?

How do you feel after your total disc replacement at L4-L5? I hope you are doing a lot better. I had total disc replacement 11-21-05 at L4-L5 and L5-S1 and I'm still working on getting better. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm in a study.

I hope you get the help you need and you start feeling
    better soon.

Keep in touch, and take care! Christie

Microdiscectomy L4-L5 in 97, and total disc replacement
    L4-L5, L5-S1 2005, for collapsed discs, stenosis, spondylosis, segmental instability, and herniated discs.
    have moderate nerve damage at 4 nerve roots, calf atrified, no reflexes at ankle but can walk, have chronic pain.