Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

after lower lumbar surgery

michael smithmmichael smith Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
It was about 4 weeks after surgery that I was stretching when suddenly my muscles started tighting up .I could feel them tighting all the way up my back and as they went up other parts of my body all so tighten up. This lasted for over an hour, and when I felt the muscles in my face tighten up I call my DR ,he told me to come right up to see him,by the time I got there my leg muscles were so tight that I could verly lift them.Any ways after months of theraphy and steroids They have released some, but are still so tight that they hurt and cause a lot of fatigue.Has any one every heard of this? My Dr. he just said that thing happen and live with it? thanks mike

• I have one suggestion have them do maybe an EMG or look at seeing a new Dr!! It can't hurt. My friend has the tightness they tell her fibr or maybe MS. Just hunt around someone on here is bound to give u an answer. Hopeful,Kellie
  • Hi Michael. I am having the same thing (minus the facial muscles) @ 5 weeks post-op. Am back on another round of muscle relaxants for 2 weeks, but only at night this time. Doctor has me on limited activity, ie, no stretching, just walking for the time being.

Hope things work themselves out for you. I know what you are going through and it doesn't feel great. Only good thing is that this is less painful than what life was like pre surgery.

best of luck.