Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scared i might have reherniated a disc Helpful advice please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had an emergency Micro on my lumbar spine in july on one level only.But i have three severely herniated discs in the lspine and severe spinal stenosis.After months of healing post op my sciatic pain had gone completely away.But three days ago while exercising i felt a pinch so i stopped.But the next morning the pain in my back was back like pre surgery and the sciatic pain is back in force.Im so scared i might have reherniated the disc.I cant go through thbat again.I went to my PM Dr friday an he said he wanted to do a catscan to make sure i didnt have spondylotheis.Which i seriously doubt but i just realized a catscan wont show a herniated disc i need an mri for that! So here i am stuck in this state of panic with no information.Have any of you reherniated a disc after surgery? Is it possible i just aggravated a disc and the sciatic pain and back pain will ease with a bit of rest and be gone in a few days? Any information will be so helpful thanks so much

• Just bumping my thread.Is there seriously nobody that could give me advice?
  • Hi, I am sorry you didn't get a response right away. What you are feeling can be any number of things and none of us on here are able to give you a diagnosis, however, we can offer advice and support. It sounds like you may have just over done it. I'm the worst at overdoing it and then having massive flare ups. I am still having issues 7 months post op L5/S1 fusion. You did mention you had other discs that are herniated and some other issues. The pain could be from that.

I had a CTScan done recently and it showed on there that I had mild bulging of 2 discs so I am certain the CTScan can show that but if you are concerned about which test will be more accurate, you should discuss this with your doc before you have your appt for the test set up. Did you get a CTScan scheduled yet?

Hang in there and I'm glad you came here for advice and support. There is a lot of helpful information on here either through the posts or through the journals.

Feel free to PM with any questions, comments, concerns or if you just need to vent.
  • Thank you so much Ming :) I know that nobody here could diagnose me but i was just look for a little insight from anyone who has expierienced something similier.Thanks for that information on the catscan.I though catscans only showed bone and not things like discs.But i had a catsacn done late friday so im going to be bugging them as soon as monday for the results lol Ive had flare ups too where i would over do it and my back would get really tight and hurt badthen id relax for the next week or so and it would be better.But this time its sciatic pain and stabbing pain in the back thats wahst really scaring me.Im scared i reherniated the post op disc or that the other two discs have gotton worse and will need to be operated on :(Thanks Ming for the advice and support
  • Forever, Please let us know what the results of your scan shows. I fought my bulging discs for 8 years with several flare ups that put me down for weeks. One of them finally wouldn't calm down and I had my microD 5 weeks ago. Maybe this is just one of those flare ups for you. I pray that your scan is good and you get relief from something less invasive.
  • What kind of excersize were you doing?
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Did you get your results back from your scan? What did they find out? I pray you are doing well and have found this site helpful and supportive.