Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How long on recovery for C6C7 fusion???

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just had C6C7 fusion last week.
I am going crazy. Before surg I was at the gym 2 hrs everyday. We have 4 kids and we are an active family.
I feel so lost. My husband is being great and takes great care of the family. I am having a REALLY hard time and wk one is not even over. It is too cold to go outside.
How long until I can feel like I can do things without being like an eggshell.

Thanks for any input

• I had c6-7 disc pulled out from more than half my spinal cord Feb 4th.
    My surgery wasn't to bad.
    Scar healed great
    If all i had to heal of my self was my neck i would be ready to drive and clean house again.
    but every story is different i don't have 4 children running around. i have a wonderful hubby and 2 grown children and 2 grandkids that are the batteries in grandmas life. sorry about typing its a left handed day R arm and fingers ,hand are being sitting in time out.
    its cold here where i am in byron il
    oh and by the way glad to meet you and happy you found spinehealth
    Patsy call on me anytime, I like to help people
  • Takes time, and you have to give it time! You don't want to overdo it! I had the same issues when I fractured my neck and T3-5. It is very hard to go from 60 hour work weeks and mountain biking to sitting in a recliner clamped in a brace!

You have to let it be what it is! Give your body time to heal, let the others do for you! Follow your NS advice to the letter and you should be good to go before you know it!