Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
Just a while ago I wrote a long post and I'm slow so It took me about 2 + hrs. And other times this also has happened to me. I'll be finished writing and I'll do my spell check on windows vista. Or choose a smiley and poof my whole post is gone. and I can't get it back. Is it a dupprel thing a windows vista thing or just me. I'm not very educated on computers. as a matter of fact you could call me computer challenged.
Jim
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement

Comments

• Not your fault though.It happens.I think sometimes it's because of the time frame,but I'm not sure.

What I do when I post is I copy just incase the post dissappears on me,that way I can just click and paste and it will I'll have it saved.I'm a slow typer too as I never took typing in school.I self taught-and obviously I did not do a very good job of it-lol.

You're not the only one this happens to though.I've been lucky,but only because of the copy/paste that I decided to make a habit on long or what I thought were important posts.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    Jim, what you just saw is something that is in the Drupal product and not Vista. Although I am not a fan of Vista, the behavior you saw can not be blamed on Windows.
    I am curious of you are using a Laptop or Desktop. I have several of each type and I have experienced the problem you described multiple times using my Laptop.
    The Drupal software is not very forgiving in certain situations, editing till submit is one of them.
    If you hit ESC, if you press a PFkey or do anything that can interrupt an edit, you will lose the entire post you were putting together.
    I have gotten into the habit , while using my Thinkpad is to copy the post just as Robin described.
    I wish I could tell you that there is a fix for this, but as far as I have seen, its just the way Drupal behaves.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Ron,
    It's a laptop. I guess I need to learn to copy.
    Thank You, Jim
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Ron, I just did a test page. And when I was finished I signed my name and scrolled down to textural smiley's and chose one and went back. (clicked arrow top left) and my post was gone!
    Thanks, Jim
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    Jim,
    If I got this straight....
    You created a post
    Then went to the Smiley Selecton
    Hit the Back browser key

Is that basically correct?

If so, the back arrow goes back one page in your browser, so you more than likely will have no post.

I just wanted to make sure this was your sequence
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement