Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I know exactly how you feel!

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Chronic Pain
OK, I have to vent here. It makes me SO angry when people tell me they know Exactly how I feel with my pain. My neighbor was out shoveling snow yesterday. She called me up today saying her back was hurting and asked me for some pain pills. I cant believe it! Of course I said no, but she was acting like she knew all about my chronic pain and was going on and on about how she is hurting so much. It makes me so Angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• When people do that I hand them an extra strength tylenol, hehe;)

If they continue to push it, the I know to be wary of that person from now on.
  • Oh and she constantly hits me up for $20.00 for cigarettes! Im out of work, no income, we have 2 kids and she's asking for $20.00. Unbelievable!
  • Your neighbor has the audacity to ask you $20 for cigarettes when you have your kids to think about. How long were you standing gritting your teeth as she spoke about her oh so terrible backache? The nerve she has asking for your pain pills when you're worse off than she is.
  • I have actually had co-workers offer me pain meds they have left over from this or that! Nice of them to offer, but I have turned them down. While there have been times I have been struggling and low on meds I always fear that should I take them and get caught with them I will either go to jail of be cut off!

No thanks.

I'd be telling you Neighbor that while you like her company if she does not discontinue this behavoir you will have to start avoiding her! Asking a person in pain, unemployd and who has children for their meds and money for cigarettes is bad taste to say the least!
This discussion has been closed.