Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello to all forum members.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in New Member Introductions
Delighted to find such a wonderful site. For many years I would have suffered lower back pain following strenous activity such as digging the garden, moving furniture etc. Long car journeys would also have aggravated my back. Since Christmas (following a car journey) the slightest little thing leaves me in agony. Housework which does not effect me at the time leaves me in agony later in the evening. Initially I was able to pinpoint what I believed was the site of my pain but now I have more than one site. It sounds so stupid when asked where is the pain and not be fit to answer.
The doctor is of little help and little understanding. My poor hubby is tierd listening to me so now I just grin and bear it. I am not sure why I am writing this other than it would be nice to hear fom someone who understands. I find the constant ache is energy sapping and soul destroying.
Helen #:S

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. why not get something done and atleast get an x-ray? :? even your family doctor can do that for you. don't let this go unattended to. ~X( there are often solutions to back problems which can be very basic but you have to take the bull by the horns and see a doctor!!! =D> there is all kinds of help from meds to exercise to massage!!! please have a look around and make yourself at home! please remember that pain can come from more than one place and that is ok!! :D good luck! there is always someone on the forum to talk to, you are never alone!! >:D< Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    What doctors have you been going to in order to identify what is going on with your back? Have you had any diagnostic testing? How about any medications that you are on?
    Sorry to ask these questions, but its much easier for other members to respond to your posts when they have this type of information.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi Helen and like the others, I'd like to say welcome to Spine-Health.

You do need to see your doctor about your pain. My problems started with pain in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades. I thought I pulled a muscle, but turns out I had three very bad herniated discs. Pain related to your back can come in many forms and it's best to address them before it gets the best of you.

Take care,