Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do I do? Please help...

Nicole74NNicole74 Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:28 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm 4 days post op for a ACDF on my C5-C6. I've had a migraine since yesterday afternoon. There is nothing I do that can get rid of this awful headache. Is this something I need to be concerned with?

• Someone is on call. He needs to know what is going on. I use to get migraines along time ago. The only thing that would help is a Demorol Shot. That will mask the syptoms. He needs to know what is going on.
  • You should call your Surgeon. There's should be someone on call to answer your question. Take care.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm waiting for them to call back. This is awful. :(
  • Sounds almost like the spinal leak my DH got after a surgery - they were thinking all kinds of things like encephalitis and other majorly scary stuff - turns out it was JUST a spinal leak and after they did a simple patch his incapacitating (hospitalized for it) headache of 4 days disappeared.

One dr. told him that since his leak was just from an epidural (as in needle-sized and small) he could have chugged a 6-pack of coke (caffeine and liquid for hydrating) and some aspirin and we could have avoided all the hospitalization.

Since you've just had spine surgery - you really MUST get in touch with a dr. ASAP - go to the ER if you must.

Also, despite my DH telling them ALL he had just had a spinal block for a knee surgery - it was like they were all idiots and totally ignored the possibility of him having a spinal leak.

All he needed was a spinal patch - a blood patch that just stopped the spinal fluid from leaking out - Low spinal fluids give you incredible headaches!

Best of luck!