Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I dont know why I am doing this

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Depression and Coping
I am not doing this for your pleasure or intrest. I need to vent and maybe writing here is as good as writing a letter or something just to burn it later. This is my first post. I have always been a little sadder than most. I will tell the stories of depression I have felt even though it has no bearing on the physical pain I feel now.

My life was sad early on my story is probly typical of someone my age in many parts. My parents divorced when I was 1 or 2 it was the first saddness I ever felt. I was pick on at schoool at 5-8 first time suicidal was at 6 but I couldnt do it obviously. Growing up it was difficult to live in a split home. I dont know why but through my school years I felt completely rejected had 1 true friend at that time I didnt have a 3rd arm or something holding me back. when I got to high school I still felt like a drop of water in the ocean I found something I enjoyed in swim but it wasnt enough. I moved to my fathers and switched schools in sopyhmore year from there to senior year I fought with my father constatly and started smoking pot due to depression. My mother disowned me due to her losing a piece of jewlery that resurfaced later and my father relocated me to my 30 something yr old sister in nevada after catching me smoke pot. I went back to him after only going to a psychiriatic center due to me drinking with antidepressants since pot wasnt available it was afelony in that state and less people out there smoked it. I was a junior in highschool at this point. From there I smoked pot for over a year until my depression ended since my father wouldnt buy my antidepressants or take me to counselling my drug taking increased once I graduated high school. At this time my mother finally warmed up to me again aparently she found what was lost expiermenting with meth, and lsd while continueing to smoke pot.
I decided to quit and leave all the people around me that did anything illegal to do so I enlisted in navy. Unfortunately they do drug tests in the military and I cam up positive for marijuana I was booted from boot camp after 3 weeks. I was sent home from chicago to california on a bus. I redirected the bus to my mothers city instead of my fathers due to my father was a retired marine.

I returned to mother lost my belief in god and 10 yrs later move away again to out of state depression strikes me again due to someone making a wrong turn. A stupid fender bender not even a roll of my jeep or get launched thru the windshield. Now I hurt all the time and I fantasize of death. I should be greatful I wasnt hurt worse but I have never had a serious problem before. I am going to get help rem and mari thank you for that. I cant however keep this inside and let it rot my soul but how can I let something go and move on when it wont let me go. Traditional counselling is going to be pointless. How can someone truly be happily in pain. I am pissed off and tired of this crap. One year as of March first. One miserable year. I have been depressed over emotional crap that can be fixed by a change of view on a situation, but this isnt emotional it is physical and it has made me emotional I cannot change my outlook on this its a bad deal any way I look at it.

I cannot change the way I feel about this but I will get the best help I can over this a team as remzy calls it. I feel pathetic for venting like this.