Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

plasma disc decompression

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone heard of plasma disc decompression surgery or had it done? My neuro surgeon
is wanting me to have this done. I have L4/L5 herniated disc and annular tear also at L5/S1 to.

• Hi Tracie, I just posted to the forum recently asking if anyone had heard of this procedure as my ortho doc recommended it for me (L4/L5 herniated disc) after three epidural injections didn't correct the issue. I didn't get any responses on the forum so I did a search on the site and found someone who had it done. I e-mailed him and he said it was successful but relief only lasted for eight months in his case. I read the brochure that the ortho gave me about it and I may still schedule the procedure, as it is less invasive than a microdisectomy. No problem with scar tissue. My doc said that he has had a high success rate with the procedure. I know it's hard to think of yourself as a guinea pig for a new procedure especially when no one on THIS SITE has heard of it. I'll let you know if I decide to have it done or contact me please if you have it done. Good luck to us both for good outcomes and NO MORE PAIN!
  • I'm waiting for the office to call and sch'l the appt.
    They didn't get me a brochure or nothing on it. My surgeon
    doesn't have very good chair side manners his a very good
    surgeon just no manners. lol