Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Things happen for a reason

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:29 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Wow, this is one of those things that just amaze me and I can see how things happen for a reason.

I'm a graphic designer, and as such have always used a Mac computer at work with specialized graphic software such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.

I was laid off in February and the job market stinks so getting a job is very difficult right now. My husband and I have been thinking (and some friends have told me) that it might be a good idea to freelance from home. The problem: the package of software listed above is $1,300. Obviously, we don't have that kind of money, but have been debating whether we should bite the bullet and just get it. Although I only have a PC at home, it would work.

Yesterday, I get a call from a guy that worked on our Macs at my last job (I'll call XXX), and XXX had contacted him after I was laid off and gave him my old Mac computer for recycling. He called and asked if I would like to have it and it has all the software I would need to freelance from home.

Isn't that amazing? One door closes, another opens.

Anyone else have a "things happen for a reason" story?
advertisement

Comments

• good on you! your right about the doors.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    good news.
    You are so right about the doors and you are 100% correct and saying that things happen for a reason.
    That is so very true.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That is GREAT Cath! Congratulations.

In my "almost 50" years here on this earth, I have come to realize and understand that things happen whether we want them to or not. I try not to fight the natural order of things (unless I am feeling up to it, of course!) because destiny or fate (whichever you believe in) takes over. I believe that no matter how crappy things are or seem to be for me, I am exactly where I am meant to be at this point in time. That my actions, no matter how horrible, insignificant or pleasant they may be, are directly (or maybe indirectly) impacting someone or something. Now, don't get me wrong, I do not believe the universe revovles around me (well, not anymore....) but my actions impact someone, somewhere. Just as your actions impact someone somewhere. And, just as XXX's actions have impacted someone (you) somewhere, and Kattoo's being in the wrong place at the what was apparently the wrong time, turned out to be the right time. Although, her circumstances were unpleasant to say the least - there is a silver lining in that she is being "fixed".

Congratulations, again Cath!!!

Take care my cyber buds!

Jeaux