Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie- MRI with Mod Left foraminal narrowing

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, I am happy to have found this site. I hope to get some answers. I am a 31 y.o. woman.I have been experiencing right shoulder pain and headaches for many years. This past year numbness and tingling in my right arm, and sometimes both arms at night. I was dx with Carpal Tunnel last year. Then I finally saw an Orthapedic Surgeon that ordered an MRI ( which I had on Wed).
I don't have the full report but I do know I have moderate left foraminal narrowing at my C7 and T1. I have an appt with him on Wednesday, I have been researching and unsure what to expect. This week the pain has been especially bad. I already did physical therapy for 6 weeks, and take NSAID's. Is surgery my best option?

I am freaking out a little.I am a nurse, and I am also getting married in October. So all of these expenses are being thrown at me. I can't be out of work for too long. Oh boy. Please help!

• Your symptoms sound like mine. Except I didn't have shoulder pain, more so headaches off and on for years. And my pain is on my left side only. It started with numb, tingling on the left hand , then neck pain on the left side, then shoulder pain, then slight arm wrist weakness. I've had all the test (MRI and X ray results in my signature.) I've been doing the conservative treatment for over a year now. Pain killer, muscle relaxer, sometimes NSAID. If you haven't tried a muscle relaxer I'd ask you doc about it.

My doctor said that my stuff isn't enough to have surgery to send to a neurosurgeon. I've have disc problems small herniations, arthritis, forminal narrowing/impingement on the left side (but only my x ray picked that up). I've developed similar to my left leg and have lower back pain now.

I'm 27. Anyhow I would talk to your NS or Neuro and see if you are a candidate for surgery, but I might try to keep it in the conservative route as long as you can. I've heard stories of people getting worse with surgery sometimes...Surgery scares me anyhow.

Good Luck!