Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm proud of myself

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Good News
I'm so proud of myself. Today I cleaned my whole house, even mopped the floors! I may cry all night, but I finally did it. I had to sit down a lot of times then get back to it but hey, I did it. I'm a very particular person and the past two months I haven't been able to do very much at all and it's been hard just dealing with the fact that I couldn't. I really feel for all of you who have suffered for years like this. I've had neck problems for about nine years but it would come and go. I've got a new respect for chronic pain. I wish you all the best. Happy Spring!

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I ended up sleeping in the recliner...about two hours Friday night and in the floor for a couple of hours last night. I lay in the floor with my feet on the couch. How do you all get comfortable to sleep? Any good ideas? I'm running out of ideas and what I've tried isn't working. I hope you're all having a good weekend and are feeling better.
  • I'm happy that you got to clean you house and do some normal stuff. I'm sorry to hear that you can not sleep. I'm 1 month out from fusion from my L5-S1. I can't sleep well at all. As the days go on and I recover the harded it is for me to sleep or get comfortable. I'm walking and doing well except for sleeping. I have talked to other people who have had surgery and they said this happend to them. The more the recovered and the more they did the harded it was to get comfortable at bed time.
    You are not alone. Remember Your body is going threw alot and it has changed alot. Just take your time and just try different places to sleep. My husband and I don't sleep together much because I' going threw the house trying to find where I can sleep.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm so sorry you can't sleep. Have others said how long post op they have this problem? It does look like they could give you something to help. If you don't sleep well it makes everything worse. I haven't had any back surgery and hope I never have too but I do wish they'd try to find out whats causing this. They say the dye used during a myelogram on my cervical spine is causing the trouble in my lower back/hips and legs but it's been over nine weeks since the test. Surely it would be better by now? At least I feel like it should. My husband and I don't sleep together much either. I just go ahead and get out of bed so I won't disturb him. I hope you soon get to feeling better and get to where you can sleep at night. Take care.