Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie- need help with MRI results

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
To make a long story short, I have been experiencing right sided shoulder pain for many years. Chalked it up to stress. This past year developed numbness and tingling (mostly at night). Maybe some weakness as well. Here is my MRI result:

C6-7 there is mild bilateral uncovertebral joint hypertrophy.
C7- T1 assymetric left facet degeneration and left uncovertebral osteophyte
with moderate left neural foraminal narrowing.
T1-T2 there is also left facet degenerationand left uncovertebral joint osteophyte
with mild left neural foraminal narrowing.

Impression: Mild of the cervical spine. likely compensetory for some degree of thoracic dextroscoliosis. Radiographic evaluation of the thoracic spine is recommended. reversal pf cervical spine lordosis centered at T4. The central canal is adequately patent.

Can someone please help me to interpret this?
Thank you for your help!!

• Hi Jade -

Did your doctor not go over the results with you? I am not sure if we have anyone here on this forum who is qualified to read MRI reports; I assume you have an appointment scheduled with your doctor so he can go over this with you.

Main thing is to jot down any questions you may have, like for instance was I born with this scoliosis? How severe is it? It says RADIOGRAPHIC EVALUATION (which I think is an xray) RECOMMENDED - how soon should I do this? Is this severe enough that I have specific limitations - what activities (if any) should I avoid? Do these findings suggest I need surgery? These are just a few generic questions and do not suggest that these findings are severe enough to warrant any limits in activities or surgery. These are just questions any one can ask their doctor after having an MRI performed.

Good luck - and keep us posted 'k?

DISCLAIMER: I am just a person who has been having neck and back issues for several years now. I am in no way affiliated with the medical community and any and all comments I may make are based solely on my own personal experience... Any questions should be presented to your treating physician...
  • hi and welcome to the forum :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry i cannot help you with your MRI report, but your doctor is the best one for that. :-C i am sure you are very anxious and want to know what it means right now.. please be patient and wait for your doctor. take a deep breathe and relax!! :D good luck and please let us know what you find out! :? Jenny :)