Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had anyone tried a Nerostimulator for neck pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have been fighting chronic neck,shoulder,and arm pain for over 5 years. My first surgery was in "95". I had a fusion of my C5-6,C6-7. My neck was still hurting after that. I have undergone injections,physical therapy,tens unit,and have been to numerous doctors for second opinions. In "96" I had my C4-5 fused. In "97" I had my nerve root cleaned out at the 4-5 level. Im very tired of fighting this fight. My heart goes out to everyone who is in pain. It is always so hard to deal with changes in one's life. I've always done hard physical labor. I have over 6000 pigs and I am a female. I want everyone to know my story and have hope. I still hurt everyday, but I make myself get up and do laundry and dishes and clean the house. I know that if I quit trying then I will just become more disabled. I have seen a new doctor who is recommemding a Neurostimulator. Has anyone tried this for neck,arm, and shoulder pain...please respond

• I have a neurostimulator for neck, shoulder, arm and hand pain. I have great success with it, however it is very difficult to get coverage in my neck at the same time I get coverage for the area of my hand and fingers. The spread is huge and it was a challenge to place the leads to gain coverage over the area I needed. I have to choose based on the activity I am doing, whether I have a higher stim going on my neck or in my hands. I can get both at the same time, but to have excellent coverage on both, I have to "overdrive" one, which isn't comfortable and will cause muscle spasms.

So, what I'm saying is that it works, it isn't perfect, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have a broad issue that runs the gamut of my entire c-spine. Since your's seems to be more of your lower c-spine, you may have no problem getting complete coverage without having to sacrifice the other.

The good thing is, that you can get a trial done and will know pretty quickly if it will help you or not.