Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DDD @ 33

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
33 yrs old here. was told Oct.13th 2004 that I had sever DDD in my back and there was way too much damage to operate and that I wasnt even a candadate because of my Asthma, pulmanary Hypertension, Diabetic Type 2 , Neuropathy. Sciatic nerve damaage. due to a bone fragment that broke off somewhere in L4-L5 thats slicing my nerve in half. And since 2004 . It has spead to my entire back from S1- C2 and now my neck. I cant walk for the first cpl hrs after I wake in the morning without my lovely walker. And somedays I cant even get out of bed. I take Ibuprofen like candy. because they wont give me pain meds here in this State unless I let my wonderful Dr. Give me injections , in witch I refuse. So, I also take flexerile and what ever else I can find . If I dont stop moving all day then IM ok. but once I try and sit and rest . Then I cant stand back up right away or walk right away.Area's of my legs and feet and lower stomache have no feeling and my bladder is so week im incontinent sometimes .OOh yes and I have chronic Bronchitis alot and Stomach problems .no gallbladder. so am on meds for the rest of my life for that High blood pressure. IDK , but I take 7 meds a day for the rest of my life.God for bid they should give me a pain med that will at least take the edge off the pain. I have lower lumber DDD, Thoracic DDD , And Cervical DDD. They said if they did try and operate , it would be 10-15yrs of back to back operations that would not heal right because of all my other health problems and the fact that diabetics dont heal fsst. Any options for me? please. Im open for anything.

• I am sorry that you are experiencing so much pain. Why are you refusing the injections? For some people they can provide a lot of relief. The first one I had reduce my pain level by 50%, the 2nd and 3rd made no difference, and the last one decreased the pain again by 50%.

I was sedated for all of them except for the last one. It wasn't bad at all. It takes about 3-4 days to get relief.
  • So sorry :( Hate hearing that your're not offered any pain relief. Why not at least try the injections? Are you afraid the'll make your pain worse long term? If you do try them and its unsuccessful will your doctors then consider other pain management for you? I hate to hear that people are in severe chronic pain, especially when all options for pain management haven't been considered. And you didn't say how long you've been eating that IBU but that's not good for you either, to be eating it like candy. How much are you taking?