Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post stenosis surgery /lower back muscle spasms

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Chronic Pain

I had a L4-5 Fusion, as well as laminectomy in L2-3 in November 2008.
Since that time, I have had chronic muscle (Glutial) spasms, beneath the incision, on the top of each side of my butt.
I have tried P/T, Message, muscle relaxants, and Acupunture; and nothing has helped.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please get back to me.

• Welcome to the forum my dear. I'm sorry you are suffering so much! I had that problem but it went away by itself, thank goodness! As you already know each person heals different ways and time periods. Evercising did a world of good for me but not for others as I've been reading in this forum. I guess this is a question only your doctor can answer. I will keep you in my prayers and have a pain free day, God bless!!

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • For me stretching is better than a massage for spasms. Thats a tough area to stretch, the best would probably be to bring your knee to your chest while lying on the floor. Or try different stretchs until you feel the muscles bothring you being stretched. As far as medications have you tried valium or Flexeril, those are the two that have helped me.
  • Major butt spasms either side of my sacrum, eight days after a four-level fusion. I've stretched, walked, and done everything I can think of until I'm exhausted. Ow ow ow!
This discussion has been closed.