Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Pain Management
I have written in this forum before and its amazing how much support you get!
I'm 50 and I have Sacroilitis both sides, lumbar facet Arthropathy, Diabetes Type II, Thoracic Lumbosacral Neuritis,DDD, WOW.....................I took a coiiple of bad falls couple of years ago, and have a disc that slipped slightly forward, narrowing space around the nerves.
Anyway, I was at a point where when I woke up during night or morning, I could hardly walk to bathroom without having to lay down to get relief!!! Terrible. The pain was so back in my buttock area and down both legs. Alot of numbness and needles feeling. I had tried injections, but after 3 of them, it did not seem to work.
My pain clinic MD gave me a prescription for 75mg of Lyrica once at night. I just started 2 days ado and the numbness is almost gone to where I can do more things. I was so grateful.
Has anyone one else have opinions on the drug? I don't seem to have any funny feeling from using it, and when I wake in the morning, I don't feel drowsy. I am happy that it is not an anti-depressant.
Please give your input if anyone else has used this medication.

• Usually it takes a bit longer to work then that.
    I have been on it but for a totally different issue. I used it for fibromyalgia and it did not work.
    I do know alot of people it has helped for nerve pain.

I had that reaction with cymbalta for pain. It worked the very next day.

I wish you continued success on this medication!!!!!!!!!