Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Degenerative Disc Disease??? and Stenosis

I guess thats what they say I have Im only 36 but I have been layed up for a year now and I just got my discogram and CT results back and thats that. Now what ???? The pain managment doctor said to continue with the same course of treatment and I freaked out on him. I find that totally unaccaptable. I asked him what to do about work and he asked why Im not working then I really lost it. Where have I been the last 8 monthes????? I cant vacumn my house or clean without my back telling me to cut the crap. So I am now taking complete charge of how everything is done with my care I found a orthopitic dude in Rochester which is 45 minutes away but oh well maybe they can help, at least all my imaging is done for them right!! So no more crying about the past for me just take it one more day at a time like I have been !!!!

Thanks for listening I feel better just writing this!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Degenerative Disc Disease is probably the most mis understood spinal problem. It is really not a disease, but its the natural aging of our spines. Almost everyone will show some signs of DDD by the time they are 30. Some might see it earlier and more severe due to 1- Trauma,
    2- Surgery, 3- Genetics. Almost all cases of DDD can be treated through an approved exercise program and NSAIDS. Its only a few cases where surgery is required to correct DDD.
    Stenosis, in some regards is similar, but as the spinal column narrows more and more, the pain will increase. Sometimes you can spot patients with severe cases of Stenosis by the way they walk.
    It will be good to have a MRI done to compare it with other diagnostic tests you have had or will have. Then, its the course of action. In almost all cases, the conservative approach is tried first. The Physical and Aqua Therapy,
    Ice/Heat, Spinal Injections, etc... to see if the situation can be managed using one or all of those methods.
    But the only one who can say that for sure is your doctor.
    We can only provide personal opinions based on our own experiences.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Welcome to Spine-Health.

Have you had an MRI? Sorry you freaked out, but I think anyone would considering the situation.

Is the orthopaedic doc you're going to see a surgeon?

You'll find a lot of people on here that will give you support. Some will even give you some good suggestions, as they've travelled down the same road you're on.

Take care and keep us posted.
  • Yep I have had an MRI e-xrays Ct scan with dye and discogram so when I go next week I will be armed and ready to go !!!! I am emotionally tired so I hope next week he can give me some answers as to what I can do next. I dont belive he is a surgeon but he works with a group that is so if he feels that I am he can just put me to the next doc!!
  • I really hate it when a doc says there's nothing else they can do, you'll just have to live in agonizing pain the rest of your 50+ years. Easy for them to say, isn't it?

Good luck and I'm anxious to hear what your new doc says.