Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to all of this!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi I am new to all this. I have had headaches for many years and jaw problems. Went to a doctor that took a neck xray and asked when I had been in an accident. I never have, he wrote a letter to my GP and said that I had subluxation of C7 and T1, a listhesis of C4m kyphosis with a total loss of the primary lordotic curvature, anterior cranial rotation of the skull upon the axis and slight spurring and possible stenosis of the intervertebral foramina. I just had an MRI and am awaiting the results. I do have limited movement of my neck and during the MRI my arms went to sleep. I am not sure what is happening? I really do not want surgery at all! I have found that past experience of others is a great learning tool!

• I really can't understand what the Dr wrote I have only had a subluxation of my shoulder and it meant like ajar but in reference to your last cervical vertabrae and your Thoracic 1 vertabrae I'm not sure. You really need to get an MRI to really show what's going on. I wish I could say more but I'm not a Dr I hope that all is well with your MRI. I hope you let us know what the Dr says we could only guess at this point. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Charry, Thanks for the response. I am anxious about the results of the MRI. I brought a CD of the MRI back to my GP and DMD. I will post as soon as I know something. Great posting with you. You look as if you have had several experiences. Hope all is well now with you! ~Namaste~ lisalee
  • Welcome to Spine-Health.

I'm curious: you said that you've been having pain for years, what made you finally get x-rays and MRI? Was is increased pain or were you just tired of it?

Anyway, I'm anxious to hear what the results of your MRI are and what the doc says. I understand about not wanting surgery, but sometime it's necessary. But, that's putting the cart before the horse. Knowing what's happening in your neck has to come first.

Take care and feel free to PM me if you have questions or want to vent.
  • Cath, Thanks for the reply. I was diagnosised with Jaw problems in 1990 when no one knew what TMJ's were or anything else about them. I am classified an extremely type "A" grinder. I have been a guinea pig. My DDS dx me and I went through (to make a long story short) 10 jaw surgeries, about 25 mouth splints, numerous trips to doctors all over the USA, BOTOX injections, trigger point injections, PT, Pain meds and muscle relaxers just to name a few. Finally finding the correct doctor for me and he had to retire due to medical conditions. Then thinking I could handle this, I started the search again and could find no one to assist me. My mouth does not open very wide so I am use to not being able to be intubated through the mouth, they always wake me and go through the nose for all surgeries. I try to tell them! I also have to pay a DDS up front that can do general anes., to do all my dental work. No DDS can get my mouth open wide enough to work on me while I am awake. Talk about pain. Pretty sure almost everyone here can relate to this type of pain from what I have read so far! I have now gone to a DMD who noticed my neck. I have thought all these years that the muscles from my jaws were causing the pain in my neck. NEVER did I ever think that it could be the other way around. I am extremely curouis as to the outcome of this MRI. All I know is my headaches and jaw pain and neck pain have gradually gotten more and more intense. Getting to be harder and harder to go through life. I have a demanding job and I can not miss work. I have called in one time in 5 years because of this and it is getting harder and harder. If it were not for meditation, a fabulous husband and my animals and friends I do not know how I would survive! Well that took long enough!! I really like your picture of your puppie!!! What is your puppies name? I am pretty content about finding all this experience in one place. Seems like if anyone knows anything here is the place to be!!!
  • I can't believe everything you've been through! Sounds like you're one tough lady. I know what you mean about how cervical issues never crossed your mind. Been there done that.

When I go to the dentist, I wish they give me general anesthesia - not because I can't open my mouth but because I can't stand being at the dentist. I hate them! (Nothing personal to any dentists out there.)

Thanks about the puppy. He's my little Merc (aka Mercster) and he's almost 15 years old now. I make him homemade stew for all his meals and I think this contributes to his ongoing good health and longevity. He's my little shadow and couldn't love him more if I'd given birth to him. LOL

I'm glad you found this site - it's so wonderful and a great place to hang out.

Any idea when you'll get your MRI results?