Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5 S1

MagnumtagemMMagnumtagem Posts: 76
Had my micro in noverber 08 had severe foot drop left legg and spinal cord copressed in half. I still have tingling in my left foot and have not recovered all my strength in left foot or ankle.The tingling getts worse with incressed activity but always goes back to the standard tingle i feel. Has anyone else had these problems after micro. The doc did say the tingling may never go away. Thanks and all get well

• that you're not getting any relief from your surgery. How long were you suffering with everything before your surgery??? -I haven't had my surgery yet, so I don't know how I'll heal from it & so I can't really answer your question, but since I too have foot drop (rt. foot), I'm interested to hear what others will tell you.

Wishing you the best!
  • Did your Dr give you a 2nd MRI? Also I take lyrica for my foot tingling. Has your Dr mentioned physio or aqua therapy? I hope your nerves grow back. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My doc released me at 3 months to full duty at work. I am alot better then before surgery cannt realy complain of tingling or weakness in foot because before surgery i could barely walk. I walk fine know no limp unless im getting tired walk up to 2 miles a day plus go to work. I take no pain meds or other meds except lunesta to help with sleep. They did say nerves grow very slow so it could be as long as 6-8 months if tingling ever did go away.
  • what my surgeon said...6-9 months before the myelin sheath, which is the protective covering surrounding the nerve, is healed completely. I had tingling, numbness in my 2 outside toes after surgery, but I never had it before. It has since gone away. He said that nerves aren't like garden hoses when crimped, they don't just spring back into action. It takes some time. Good luck.
  • I think i was just jumpin the gun alittle. My tingling has since gotten better then it has been since the surgery, increased tingling must of been the nerves waking up more. Im not saying that in all cases this will be butt i felt I would know if i had hurt my self again and am still taking it easy and continueing to ice my back. Thanks for all that replied. Hope all are getting better and keeping a posative attitude towards healing and the ups and downs of healing.