Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Further update and to answer some questions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
The doc wanted to do an mylogram and we had just discussed all the meds that I am allergic to and then they turned right around and called in all the neds we had just discussed me being allergic to so I wasn't going to do that...was scared about it anyway. I tried to get 2 other opinions but my doc seems to be God allmighty around here and no one will touch it when they find out who he is, so that isn't working. My insurance has been on my rear end for this thing then that thing and keep me all keyed up. I have tried to find help! Therapy? he sent me once...ONCE after about 4 months, a little late don't you think? they shocked me a couple of days and said well it isn't working see ya. He is avoiding me and I do beleive there is something I need to know and they haven't told me. I took my ct's and loaded them and walked in his office on one of my appointments and had it all pulled up on the old laptop and when he walked in I said so doc does this look broke to you? cause it looks broke to me. and he wanted to know how I pulled all that up and I said well there are 328 images on this disc did you not even look at them? then he proceeded to sit there and scroll through all the disc like he had never seen them before in his life. I said you shot them and then give them to me after you was supposed to look at them.
I am frustrated and no I am not whining but my life is speeding by at the an alarming rate. My music WAS all I had. It is not all I can do but it WAS ALL I EVER WANTED TO DO. I spent a massive amount of time in college to do just that. Broke does not even begin to describe the financial situation, disability insurance is only going to pay on stuff so long. Meds are expensive and he will not send me back to work etc yadda yadda yadda, dabba dabba....

So I KNOW people here have it soooo much worse then I do and I am truly sorry and I mean that sincerely! But everyone's case is different. Music to me is like someones prayer FINALLY getting answered when they say, "God please sit and talk to me for awhile." For me it feels like not part of me is missing but has died.

They kept telling me if I didn;t have the surgery I could wind up paralyzed and not be able to play. Well I had the surgery and I can't play and no one wants to fix it either nor do they want to send me to pain management like they said they were going to. I HURT WORSE NOW BY A FACTOR OF TEN THEN I DID BEFORE THE SURGERY and no one wants to or can't explain why. Because people can't see the steel in your neck they treat you like a liar and a pill seeker and it really chaps my ass!!! And I find out today there is a class action against some manufacturer of some of the screws they use in these surgeries because they were substandard and breaking. I can't remember which ones right now.
I wouldn't wish what I am going through on my worst enemy but I sure do wish my doc had to deal with what I do, on a daily basis, for just one week. I bet he would blow his brains out.

So you see I have been trying but it just turns into beating your head against the wall. All the peeps here who talk about docs not listening or insurance companies beleive me I SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU.

Exscuse the typos but my hands are numb.

• Mabvn, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I don't have any answers, but you're in my prayers. Music is in my husband's soul also so I understand what you mean. He drums on everything - on the dashboard while driving, on the coffee table, and when nothing else is around, my head and belly. LOL

My first though was: Do you have family in another state that you could go stay with and talk to doctors there? I say that because where I am (in Colorado) the spine center I went to has doctors that specializes in fixing botched surgeries.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you. I've read a lot of your posts and know you've been through an awful lot.

Hang in there - there's an answer somewhere.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I really sympathize with your situation. I hope you can find another doctor who will help you find the answers. I wish I could help you out but I don't know what to tell you. Just don't give up. There is surely a doctor somewhere who'll listen. Just keep looking. Good luck.

• I agree 110% with cath111. Go somewhere where you will be treated right. Nothing is more important than fixing yourself right now.

So I'm confused. What was actually wrong with your neck that they put steel into it? Did he agree it was broken and tried to fix it or was it something else? Did you injure yourself somehow?
  • I think your PCP can write a letter to the Surgeon recommending a PM Dr or physio. My PM Dr recommended me going to a Therapist or Psychologist to help me and my husband deal with the problems and feelings I'm having with chronic pain. He handed me a package with relaxation methods to help with distraction from pain and it's supposed to be effective. I agree with your searching for another Dr opinion and I just wanted to say I support you all this you're going through. You will get through this. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN