Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Painful Bleeding on knee

jdtripjjdtrip Posts: 37
Hello. My name is Jim and I have been around for quite awhile and I have quite a bit ofd experience with chronic pain as I have been treated for the past 2 years by my pain doc for herniated discs, multiple tears in the lumbar region with a large tear @ L/5. Anyways my pain management regimine is controlling my lumbar pain with pain meds, muscle relaxers. Lyrica, and Cymbalta, I am looking for anyone on the forum that has ever had bleeding in the area between the knee cap and the skin. This past Thurs I woke up with excruiating pain in my left knee. I by luck was able to get in to see an orthopedic doc and he feels I must have impacted or put some stress on the left knee area. His diagnosis was bleeding over the patellar tendon and this can be real painful. He told me to imobilize and ice the knee and if it was not better after 3-4 days to come see him because the bleeding should stop during that time I am on day 3 and it has gotten substantially worse, and if it is not better by Monday I will make a new appointment. I am iceing the knee as well as imobilizing it and taking my Vicoprin as I would my regular 4-6 per day. I guess I am just looking fore someone that may have experienced this injury and perhaps share with me their experience.. I love this forum and I have seen alot of good info on a lot of pain issues so thanks in advance for any info others can share. Jim 52 year old husband and granpa to 2 beautiful girls.

• Thank You Paulgla The ice is helping and my hope is after this weekend of rest things will be better Thanks again for the reply
  • Hi all. I am looking for onfo from others who have experienced rotator cuff injuries and what treatment and or surguries you have had. I injured my right shoulder and rotator cuff in a nasty fall 3-4 weeks ago. The fall of 15-16' impacted on my right shoulder and after the swelling subsided I had MRIS done on my shoulder and lumbar. I do not have to lumbar results but Tues I got and reviewed the MRI of shoulder with my pain management doc. The MRI reports an extensive full thickness tear of the supraspinatus tendon and nearly all of the adjacen infraspinatus tendon. Resulting in a tear zone of 6.0 cm from anterior to posterior and with a 5.0 cm tendon retraction. Moderate atrophy of the supraspinatus and infraspiatus. Ther is severe teninopathy diffuse thinning of the distal subscpularis tendon as well. Severe degenrative changes with impinging inferior osteophytes. Their is a large shoulder joint effusion present . There is severe subluxationof the humeral head due to large rotator cuff tear. There is complex degenerative tearing and fragmentation of the superior labrum with sparing of the anterior and posterior labra. I am seeing an ortho doc today and I am looking for any feedback on what we will be talikg about. Also been toild by my PCP that we need to dicuss the lumbar and they are setting me up with a neuro surgeon. Thanks for any comments and suggestions in advance Jim