Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

!0 things that I am thankful for

nursedina001nnursedina001 Posts: 235
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I figured that since I have been so over run with negative emotions, I would start a new thread about things that I am grateful for. I would love to hear everyone else's top 10 list :)

Jump on in!!

10 things I am grateful for:

1. My children are healthy and beautiful
2. That I have found true love again
3. For my laptop that I could not live without!!
4. That workmans comp is being very understanding and good to me
5. For good friends
6. For talented surgeons that can try to the best of their ability to "fix" us
7. For daisies (i love them!!)
8. For my best friend that went thru tragedy with me, and we are OK
9. For my family who loves me no matter what
10. For my spiney friends who are non-judgemental and "get it" I LOVE you all!!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Grateful and Thankful for

1- For each morning I awake and enjoy the day
    2- For my wife and her ongoing support
    3- For my wife as being my best friend
    4- To my Son and Daughter who have always supported me
    5- To my doctors and other medical professionals that have helped me.
    6- To be able to do so many things, perhaps limited but still can do them.
    7- Spine-Health, as a member and more recently as their Administrator.
    8- For my mind, which hopefully has stayed active and positive after all these years.
    9- That I am now retiring and getting away from the day to day computer work that has hurt me all these years.
    10- And most of all For Life in General. There is nothing better than living each day, experiencing all the beauty around you during the day, to resting at night for some sleep and for starting everything up again the following day. Sure, there is pain associated with these daily actions, but I am also thankful for those real and spiritual that have given me the strength each and every day
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The number one thing I'm thankful for is that its me, and not my kids who have had back problems!
    #2. My husband
    3. My grandson (cute, cute, cute!)
    4. Good pain pills
    5. My brothers
    6. My hot tub!
    7. My surgeon
    8. My otherwise good health
    9. spring
    10. my kitty cats.

I know I haven't been through nearly as much as some of you...you are my heroes.
  • I think that this is such a positive thing to do. I am thankful for:

1) Being alive and experiencing life everyday
    2) my sister and my wonderful friends for the support and laughter they have provided me with
    3) being fortunate enough to have a partner who is empathic, understanding and supportive through everything
    4) having had the experiences I have had in life, travelling etc and meeting lovely people both online and in life
    5) Having time to do things I never used to do like read a good book, take things easier than I used to do when I constantly rushed around
    6) Being fortunate enough to still have my little cats even though they are aged 13 and 17
    7) Learning that how I view things affects how I feel and by sometimes viewing something differently, I can make myself feel better (such as this 10 things to be thankful for).
    8) Having a wonderful osteopath who has really helped me through everything and got the health service to sit up and listen
    9) Having found the strength and determination to complete my studies which will enable to have a more appropriate career suitable to my condition
    10) Having a future

• What a great thread starter!!!
    The 10 things I am thankful for:
    CHEETOS!!!(ok-let's get serious here)
    1. My faith in God
    2. My husband who has stuck by my side in the "for worse" part of the marraige vow
    3. My family
    4. my friends-there are 5 of us who are stuck together like glue, when one is "down" the rest swoop in to pick her up
    5. our pets-a good belly rub on the dog feels good for me too
    6. this forum!
    7. that we have managed to get by without my income
    8. my social security lawyer(see above)
    9. hugs
    10. my faith that somewhere, someday, I will find a way to use my nursing skills again.
  • 1. having the privelege to know and worship God
    2. my loving supportive family
    3. understanding and helpful coworkers
    4. my fur babies who love me no matter what
    5. a job where I am allowed to help others
    6. a country where we all have freedom
    7. my understanding supportive friends
    8. my new found friends at SH
    9. medical professionals who help up through these hard times
    10. The ability to get up each day and know that there is someone out there that cares and will be there for me even through my darkest times
  • Thanks for starting a superb thread. Not sure that I can add to it - I am grateful for all the above! :D
    Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator