Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I lost my precious little boy today

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Matters of the Heart
My little Mercster passed away today as I held his head and his paw was on my arm. He smiled at me before he left.

Today I lost my little shadow, my best friend, my jester and my nurse. I also lost my heart.

May he always catch his tail.

• I am praying for you to find comfort in God's loving arms. My heart hurts for you Cath. I am praying for you
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    I know the pain of losing your dog. It is so hard to take, especially when he was with you for a while.
    Its been a little over two months since we had to put our English Cocker down and still today when I walk in the house I expect to see her come running, wagging her tail so exciting to greet.
    Take care, be well and I hope that you and your family help each other through this time.
    Your best friend just moved on and he let you know with a smile that it was ok to let him go
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I'm sorry about the loss of your dog. When my previous dog passed away, it was so sad because it's like losing a family member. I know you'll never forget him or the happy times you shared together. Take care >:D<
  • Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog,you take care....
  • I'm so sorry to hear you lost your little buddy today. He brought you strength when you needed it as you did him as you held him today. He will always be by your side and you will feel his presence. It is so hard to lose our special furry friends, just like a family member. I told you I thought he was adorable awhile back! I know he was happy by his picture. He was loved and had a good life. He will be watching over you now! My heart feels for you.
  • I love my animals so much, I just can't imagine what it will be like to lose them. He did look like a happy boy!!!!! >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • when they say dog is mans best friend .....that says it all...My dog is my best friend...I had to put my last dog down and it was the hardest thing I've ever done....I know your going through a difficult time...Blessings to you
  • My heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

• My heart goes out to you. I know only too well how much are best friends mean to us. May you heal and remember the joy he brought you for all the years you shared.
  • I so hoped you would have more time together.

• I'm so sorry. ( ( HUGS) )

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved little buddy. Not only did he provide you with loyal companionship but you provided him with a warm, secure, safe haven. He knew he was a lucky dog!
    My thoughts are with you.
  • Oh no, that's so sad to hear. I'll be praying for your heart to heal.

• Sorry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It's 4:45 am and I woke up for the first time in ten years without my little guy on the bed with us.

I am writing this through tears - I'm so, so sad. I'm used to my little buddy following me around every minute. I keep seeing that cute little face in my mind, looking at me with those beautiful eyes. My heart is broken.

I miss him so much. So much.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Our pets are our little angels and they're gone way too soon.
  • I found that taking a favorite photo of my "kids" and putting it on my desk or in the living room, helps me "remember the good times". It allows me to stay positive and remember the good times.

• I'm carrying a picture of him with me in my pocket. I know it's still too soon to think of getting back to normal, but I also know that day will come.

I have wonderful memories of him and how he made us laugh in between crying spells. I wish I hadn't had to see him go into his final sleep - I'd like to get that out of my mind, but I know he needed me there.

Everything will be ok eventually.
  • words cannot express the sympathies i give to you in this time of loss... >:D< O:) :''(
  • I know how hard it is to lose a furry member of the family. Time really does heal the pain, but it take a while....be good to yourself and remember just how lucky Mercster was to have you in his life.

• Sorry to hear about your loss. I had to put down my Yorkie about 7 years ago and cried for several days. I still think about him a lot. I now have 3 little dogs including another Yorkie, but nothing will take my dogs place :(
  • Ime sorry for your loss. I hope time can heal the gap left behind.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• You don't know how much I appreciate the kind words, thoughts and prayers. My little guy took a big piece of us when he left but I'm priviledged to have had him in my life. What a wonderful little boy he was.

I know that many of you out there have experienced what I'm experiencing, or will one day. It's really difficult now, but I know time will heal our hearts and we'll talk often about all the things he's done over the years that made us smile and laugh.

Thanks again. You all are fantastic and the support here is amazing.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    It is a very sad time for you, I too know how hard it is to lose beloved pets. All we can do is remember our pets were loved and had a happy life for the time they were with us.

Liz xxxx Hugs

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • cath i had to put my little dog benji to sleep 4 years ago,i though my heart would break in 2 ,i think it did for awhile,let yourself grieve for this precious fellow,you know i loved my dog more than most people i know,
    I always said i would never get another dog,that i could nt go through al that pain again,but after a year i got my leo and slowly he wormed his way into my heart just like benji did,although he can never take benji s place i felt my house was a home again.
    i really beleive theres a doggie heaven,
    im thinking of you
  • I really appreciate your kind words. It's been discussed before here on SH how our little furry friends help us get through our surgeries and pain. At times, my little buddy was the only one who could bring a smile to my face when I was hurting so badly.

I'm sorry you lost your little friend. It's been almost two weeks since I lost my little guy and am already thinking about getting another. I have a hole in my heart and even though there will never be another like my Mercster, I really think I have the love to give to another.

Anyway, take care and thanks again for the kind words.
  • CATH,so very sorry for your loss.my husband and i don't have children so our dog(MAMA)is like our child.i pray in time you will be comforted by all the years you shared with your son.MAY THE GOOD LORD KEEP YOU IN THE SHADOW OF HIS WINGS.
  • My hubby and I don't have children either so my little Mercster was my baby boy. Some people don't understand this, but a lot do.

I miss him so much and talk to him a lot. I tell him I miss him every day and I'm wearing his dog tag on a chain around my neck. I've actually woken up in the morning clutching it.

Thanks again for your kind words. Can you tell me more about your little "child"?

• CATHY WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO ASK :))) ?she is what icall a "MACON MUTT"she is mixed with bulldog and terrier.she is black and white she looks like she has two black eyes. :) she is about 5 or 6 yrs.old.sometimes my memories not to good.she is spoiled rotten every time i go in the store i have to check out the dog toys.she is a CHEWER so i have to perticular about the kind of toys i buy.she has a outside kennel and a bed in the house.she sleeps in the house at night but when the weather is good she is out side.MACON is the name of the city i live in thats why i call her a MACON MUTT. 8} :H
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost 2 in the last 20 years. And its as hard a loss as we love our animals as much as we do humans. And it's such a void in our lives. Know that you'll meet again.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    Today when I went in for my last day at work, I talked to a few people that I've know for a while. We talked and the subject about our dogs that recently passed away came up.
    One friend about 45 years old with two daughters 11 and 13. He told me that after they had to put their Lab to sleep 2 months ago, both of his girls hated both him and his wife for 'Taking' their friend away.
    No matter what age you are 10,20,40,60 or 90, our pets mean so much to us.
    My friend and I started to talk about the things we miss. Now, that my Lollie is gone since January, I can talk about her so much easier. But I still miss her when I drive into our driveway and her little head would move aside the kitchen curtains to look out and then she would run over to the door and greet us like she hadnt seen us in years. Talk about unconditional love.
    Or, for me, since I worked from home, getting up from my chair and being careful not to disturb her because she would generally be sleeping by my feet.
    Those memories never go away.. They just become more and more precious as time goes by
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com