Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Zanaflex capsules vs. tablets

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Pain Medications
I was given samples of Zanaflex 4mg capsules by my PM dr. on Monday. While I was reading the insert, it mentioned that there is a difference between the capsules and the tablets and also if you take the medication with or without food.

What is the difference? I read the thing like 4 times and couldn't figure it out!!

Thanks in advance for any information.

• I use both the 6mg capsules and 2mg tablets. My experience is that the tablets hit my system much faster and a little harder than the capsules. The issue with taking it with or without food, I have found that if I take it with food or within 30 minutes of eating, once again it hits my system really hard and fast.

I take 6mg four times a day and I find it is far more comfortable to use the capsules and to take them without food.

Hope this helps,

• What a difference between capsules and tabs! Tabs will knock me out for 2 hours but capsules I just nod off for a short time. I started on tabs but pharmacy gave me capsules once then I went back to tabs. I have heard it makes a difference on which one you started first.