Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello All Im New....Advice needed please x

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone,
First of all let me introduce myself.My name is summer lea and im 27 years old and have 2 beautiful sons aged 5 and 7.I use to live a very active life until 4 years when i was involved in a car crash that wasnt my fault.I developed symptoms like chronic neck pain,pain in my chest and thoratic spine,pain in my left shoulder and pins and needles in my hands and feet.The drs told me i had pulled my shoulder and had whiplash but as time went on i knew this was not the case.About 6 months after the accident i also started to development spinal spasms,fatigue,electric shock type sensations,chest pain when walking,flu like symptoms.
I payed privately to have a mri scan on my brain,neck,shoulder,thoratic and lumber spine which cost me over £2000 but at least i have some answers now.The mri scan showed that i have a buldging disc at c4-5 and moderate to severe stenosis,also there was nerve compression at c5-c6.My left shoulder was a complete mess which i have had to have 2 operations for and still have very bad scapula winging.My main concern is my thoratic spine as the results show that from t6,t7,t8, and t9 all the discs were narrowed and darkened to the point that there is hardly any of the disc remaining at all.Also they said i had 2 compression fractures at t8 and t9 level and the vertebra had be crushed to a point.The brain and lumber scan appearing to be normal.
I am now battling with the answers as to what has caused all this damage as i am getting all mixed diagnosis,some of the spinal drs are saying it has all been caused by the car accidents,others are saying that i have schuermanns disease or d.d.d and the car accidents have made my conditions worse.

Anyway im sorry for going on and on.
Thankyou xx

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. are you running in circles tying to finding out why :? maybe you should focus on what you can do to feel better. =D> you need a diagnosis and then a program or surgery to help your pain.. we are always here to listen. :D good luck! Jenny
  • Hi summer,
    Welcome to the forum. My name is Jean and I am also a recent member. Like you, many of the problems I am experiencing were caused by an auto accident that was not my fault. I am so sorry for all the pain you are going through and understand the added stress and aggrevation involve with dealing with the accident. I would love to talk with you more, and hope for your continued health and well being.