Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain

claudiacclaudia Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Chronic Pain
good morning all, well up- date news not to good a little worried i had a reconstructive surgery jan 13, 09 but it seem noew the burning pain in my hip rite knww groin is back!!!i had L-4 L-5 s1 nov 21 06, and just had revision L-2 L-3 L-4 L-5 S-1 10 screws and rods , Sooo sad i started PT 3 txms already i feel worse after , trying not to give up, its like why did i have this 2nd one if i am going to be like this i still wear my brace and spime stim but it gets me soooo depressed am seeing a physicaoligst opps shes great, but the pain i got numbness on my rite shin left buttochs and my spine is numb!! it been like 3 months already i cannot do the things i love it really suxx big time trying not to give up doc says it will all go away in time!! i really am being patient i feel like going to the pain doc to maybe get a shot i still get up and walk in the pool i feel better in the water but an hour later boom the pain and lots of muscle comes back do you guys have any ideas i am sooo lost.

thanks for listening!!

• hello there, sounds like you are really going through it ~X( i dont have any answers for you but going to your pain doc may be a very good idea they must be able to give you somthing eles,although i am finding if i want to be pain free it means being knocked out :( whats the piont @) i hope you get some good ideas from the oldies (did i say that out loud!!! :O =)) )on here, >:D< jan xx
  • did u have numbness on your shin after surgery?i had numbness on my shin and knee after my surgery.its been a year now and still have it.hope things get better for you.
  • i think that the PT that you are doing sound like too much just yet ..you have had major surgery ..as a very good consultant physiotherapist friend of mine {and the person that i get most of my medical answers from } said ...tell her to do physio in the pool not on land {in a gym he means} work done in the pool is just as beneficial but with less trauma to you and your back also you wont overheat when exercising ..i hope that you are feeling better soon ,dont over do it !
  • yeah walking in the pool is the best!!1 no exercise just walk.. but an hour after ouchh i have to wear the spine stim for nine months and i still wear the back brace but after therapy i feel awefull the burning ect soma helps and i take vicoden only in the moorning and valium at nite ohh dont forget neurtion, it suxxx to be me
  • No i did not have numbness before the second surgery, but lots of pain and burning,,, now i feel like i am taking a step back i was in tear last wednesday i mean to sum people it maybe easy stretching yeah but with 10 screws in my back it really hurts!!! mostly i have knee pain and my back my ledgs i have numbness throughout my spine and left side i feel worse except when in the water i wish i was a mermaid
  • It's rough you have the same pain as pre-surgery. Can you see your Dr and make sure things are still in place? although I knoow it takes awhile after such an estensive surgery you had. I hope you start to heal soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi. I only had a two level fusion l4,5,S1 and discectomey on Dec 11. I had a bad three weeks lately with more increased pain and my Dr wont let me do PT for another 6 weeks. I am also on fentanyl patches with oxycodone for bt. I think maybe in my opinion PT is making you hurt to much and that maybe you should talk to Dr about it. Also pain Dr can help you get your pain under control. It is hard enough to deal with the surgery, and healing is harder when you are in constant pain. It will get you depressed as well which wont help. Talk to Dr and see what he recommends. Take it easy, we are both in for a long reocvery. I hope you get some releif soon. PM me anytime you need someone.
  • thank you sooo much yesterday the pains were shooting down my back i see the pt today and talk it over the i will go to the pain clinic, scared of the burning it suxx and the numbness its been a lil over 3 monthe i should get better id hate to have another surgery schedulerd for x-ray and mri may 4th i believe,what can a pain doc do for me isnt this the healing process i am doing everything rite thix time after my 1st surgery i went back to work in the month and 1st surgeon said i did not need PT.. go figure
This discussion has been closed.