Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Laser Surgery L5 S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
Been out of work for over a month this time. Had back surgery 18 months ago. Just finished my third epidural and no relief. Went to seminar about Laser Back Surgery and wonder if it is a good as they say it is. Has anyone had it done? If so please let me know how you are doing after the surgery.

• I'm also interested in hearing of anyone who has had laser surgery. EDITED is one facility that I've gotten some information about. It's a five day program, you're assessed, meet with one of their physicians, have the surgery and are released to travel home at the end of the week. If you google it, you will hit the website and get information about the surgeries offered.

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.
  • my doctor in the uk ..has stopped all his patients from going down the laser spinal surgery route .due to poor results ..dont be fooled and star struck by the words laser its more or less the same operation ..only done with a laser {burning tissue } rather than cutting..i would stick with a highly qualified traditional surgeon and his scalpel
  • I had Laser Surgery at the L3/4 and L4/5. I'm in more pain now than before. They make it sound to good to be true. I had a Percutaneus Laser Discectomy at both levels. And a Lamonototmy, Formanotomy at the L4/5 level. They also zapped the Facet Joints with the laser to kill off the nerve.
    I was told by thier contact that "I give you better than a 90% chance of success". Once there,a PM Doctor told me "it works 70% of the time on 70% of people"(49%). That's what he told me AFTER I told him what my contact had told me. My chance of success did not drop do to a change in my condition. Was I...MISINFORMED?
    After,they kept telling me "it's normal for a small percentage of people to be in pain". I contacted the facility a about a week and a half after surgery to let them know that I was in more pain than before. And I would be coming in to have the stitches removed in a few days.I suggested that the Doctor might want to see me before I leave to go home. "Why why would the doctor want to see you". "Because I'm in more pain NOW than before". "But why would the doctor want to see you". That was their response.
    After they removed the stitches a PA went to get a doctor. He came back alone. He said "the doctor says you should be filling better by now". I felt as if they wanted me gone. I'd been in contact but got the same,"it's normal" routine. If anyone is concidering this type of surgery,speak to the surgen. Ask the surgen all questions.
    I had my surgery done at the facility in EDITED

June 21,2009
    I know I said ask the surgen all questions,but maybe it's better to ask people who have had the type of Laser surgery I had. I asked their contact and surgen if I would be able to run again and they both said yes. I'm in more pain and have less endurance than before.

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.