Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Puppy

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Matters of the Heart
This little guy rocks!

We just got this little puppy last night and he's 9 weeks old. He's a Pembroke Welch Corgi and we've named him Wally. He's so, so cute! He's laying on my foot right now and he's quickly becoming my little shadow.

I know that Merc would be happy for us. He'd never want me to hurt the way I have been. I still miss him terribly, but hubby and I thought that this special little fella would help mend out broken hearts.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    I am so happy for you guys....
    We know what it means to lose our special buddies....
    And then when another comes along, they dont have to match up or be like our other friend, they just gotta be them and you just gotta be you...

I am very happy for all of You!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That is one cute puppy! I know your beloved Merc is watching over you and helped guide you to your new buddy. You will enjoy watching Wally grow up.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey Cath,
    Thank you for sharing that picture of happiness with all of us here. As it has been said before you are a wonderful asset to Spine Health.
  • Love your new baby! He's sure cute!!! Glad to see you're getting "puppy therapy" again.
  • To mend or at least help a broken heart feel better :D

So glad you found a new friend!
  • Oh, puppies are just the best little things in the world. Thanks to all of you for the nice thoughts and words. I also appreciate you not mentioning that it would've been, uh, better if I'd cropped myself right out of that photo. Lord, I'm so not photogenic! LOL

I'm glad you didn't crop yourself out. This way we get the whole picture (ugh that was a bad pun!) of the way you 2 look together. And may I say, what a cute couple!

I would LOVE to have another pet. Only problem is my home is too busy and we are hardly ever there. I couldn't do that to a new puppy or kitten. Soon though. Especially after seeing this little fella. Friend of mine in school had a Corgi (named "Corky"; cute, huh?) that was just the most talented pet I had seen up til that point in my life.

I'm sure you will both take great care of each other. Thanks for sharing!

• I understand about not wanting a puppy or kitten and not being home. I think this is one of the silver linings of my lay off, that I'm able to be home with him a lot. And, boy do they need it! He's such a busy little guy and now that he's discovered the back yard he's even busier than ever. He'll just run, run, run and then crash and burn time. LOL

He seems to be a smart little guy. He already knows his name and I can see that he's beginning to learn that it's best to poop outside so he goes to the back door. Problem is, I'm having a hard time teaching him the same about peeing because his little legs are so short that you can't tell he's about to do it. Night before last I decided to sleep through the night and when I woke up the next morning, poor little Wally had pooped and peed in his crate (that's next to my side of the bed). I felt so bad. So last night, I set the alarm for 1 a.m. and got up and took him outside and although he might have peed, he didn't poop. I was worried he'd have another problem in his crate, but this morning all was well.

I read that when Corgi's get older, they like to play frisbee and chase a ball. That's so cool!

Oh, look at me going on and on. Just like a new mommy, huh?

Anyway, thanks for the cute couple comment. LOL Cracked me up!

Be sure to let me know when you get a new little furry friend and post a pix.

• Really enjoyed your pic! We have a Corgi in our neighborhood, and he is the most popular pup! While no one can replace your Merc in your heart, I know you have a lot of joy to look forward to!---Mazy
  • I'm posting another pic (this isn't Wally - he doesn't sit still long enough yet to get a good one). This one looks very much like Wally. In the picture of me and him, he looks bigger than he really is.

I took him to a tavern yesterday where our friends gather and he was a big hit. What a chick magnet! (Not that we need one...)

He's still following me around everywhere and when we happen to be in different rooms, we both go looking for each other to make sure we're all right.

• He is so cute. My MIL has one that looks just like your pup. Her name is Sophie. I got a puppy after my cat died to mend my broken heart too.
  • Your puppy is so cute. It's nice to have a little companion. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Oh-your Wally is just one cute little cute "hairy-human".
    His little face is so expressive, life will be sweeter with him in it I'm sure.
    Hugs n' Loves - Paula