Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

newbie...laser surgery imput....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
;) hi everyone..am new here..i wrote some last year but never got any response. :W .i'll try again..i thought i was hurting last year..getting worse, and feeling it major..am real active which helps alot, but i always overdo..have been diagnosed with DDD, and spinal stenoisis, and they found i have 1 herniated disc, with 2 bone spurs compressing on my spinal cord...which cause aweful headaches and shooting pains in my head and down my left arm..of course my dr. will not put me on any higher meds..(i only see him for the scripts)im on 5/325 percocet..they dont even touch the pain hardly..he is an orthopetic surgeon and if and when i get surgery it wouldnt be from him...he charges me minimal cuz im self pay...anyways..have been looking into surgery, cuz it is taking over my world..i am interested in laser surgery instead of the coreptecy(SP)..less invasive.. anyone know of this..? i have just heard of so many bad post opps,,with the open neck surgeries...it really scares me.. i want to get this done ONCE..not go back in afterwards for another one..any advice?..thanks for listening..god bless... :W >:D< :)

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you were not greeted before!!! i am glad you stopped by again!!! :D do a search on "laser surgery" and you should find lots of posts about it.. i wish you the best and am so sorry you are in such pain!! ~X( have you thought of trying somthing alittle stronger for pain meds? :? there is some good time released meds which may alleviate your suffering until or if you have surgery.. talk to your doc! :-C stop by and keep us posted. :D Jenny :)
  • I'm not sure too many here have had laser surgery but good luck with yours. Maybe a 2nd opinion Dr may help you decide what you want or need to do. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • thanks for your advice hon ;) ..it seems to me you have about what i have except you have leg stuff going on, and lumbar stuff.... #:S ..why are the drs giving you so much meds? it looks like to me that your on 2 antidepressants as well..please be careful..how are they working for you?..yes i had 2 epidurals 2 yrs ago..nothing changed..why wouldnt you be a candidate?..they say i have arthritis in my spine too..its the nerve pain that drives me nuts, and lyrica i tried and i was way too dizzy..so no-way for that...i was on robaxin for muscle spasms,,didnt work..dont like to take meds if they dont help, and if they make me not who i am..thanks for listening..have a nice day..
  • tell me ...did the double laminectomy stop your pain?..like i told charry..i dont like meds if they make me all not who i am...yeh i could have stronger ones, i guess my body has built a tollerence for my percs.. they are only 5/325..normally if i really need them i take 2..my ortho will not up them either...thanks again for your imput.. just want my life back..i just keep on going and smiling... ;) >:D<
  • I have had laser surgery with fairly good results. You might want to throughly check out the doc and facility before deciding to have it done as like anything else, it seems that there are good as well as bad docs and clinics out there that perform the laser surgery. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • They said time would heal mine. Well I'm not really using the wellbutrin now because I'll be starting Cymbalta in a couple of weeks but my leg and foot are so much better after the 5th injection. And I'm weaning off the Lyrica so I'm hoping the injections continue to work. Lyrica did make me dizzy at first but once you're body gets used to it it's allright well a lifesaver for me.I tried rolling recycles to the curb and still had to stop several times because of the back weakness and pain. When I see the NeuroSurgeon I'll see what he has to say about surgery. The 2 Orthos said no but I know the Neurologist seemed concerned due to decreased feeling in the saddle area only higher but the Ortho blew me off and thought it had nothing to do with the l5-S1 herniation. The slow release meds don't change me but percocet does. If you're nerve is being compressed or compromised you need to get it looked after. I wish you all the best with laser or the other way. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi there trish welocme back , i cant help your medical bits but i can welcome you and say hi, :)