Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

size of protrusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have been reading all the information I can for about the last month on this sight. Wow so much experience and information. I can not believe the amount of experience here. Thanks! I have my first NS appointment this Thursday. I have all records, all xrays, and MRI, CD and readings. My concern is the size of the protrusion in the C6-C7 .5 X 1 CM. No one would go ahead and start me on PT until I see the NS. I am anxious to start healing and get rid of some of the pain and numbness. Any good first questions for me to ask? Or just take lots of notes. I am so thankful for all this experience. Thanks and ~Namaste~ lisa

• I would ask if there were any dangers in trying PT first? Possibility of further injury? Sent you a pm. Could you let me know answer? Thanks, Maggie
  • Hi Lisa,

Here is a link to a article and some questions that may help you in meeting with a spine surgeon. It may help you formulate your ideas and thoughts and keep the meeting on track. Good luck and let us know how it goes. If surgery is suggested i strongly recommend a second opinion.

• Hiya lisa,
    After my surgery, my surgeon told me that I got the gold medal for the biggest disc herniation he had ever seen (nice to know I am good at something lol). I hope yours isn't as big as mine was, yet 1 cm.....WOWIE. How is your poor little spinal cord doing? Is the disc in your spinal canal? (Mine was which made surgery a bit tricky). I agree with everyone else that more than one opinion is very important. I wanted to know how experienced my doctor was (and I asked him directly about that). I asked about recovery time, chances of complications (and what kind of complications he felt were possible). I asked what kind of activities I would be able to do afterward, etc. But, so much depends on what happens once they are in there, how strong you are now going into the surgery, how significant the damage is so far, and so on. There are so many variables. Good luck to you. Let us know how your appointment goes okay?
  • Well, my husband took off to assist me to the NS. Two sets of ears are always better than one set. He states he has questions as well. Thanks in advance everyone. I will keep you updated. I am extremely nervous. ~Namaste~ lisa